ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

south west autosport

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like a pretty dull event tbh. There's only three attractions and one of them is the Safety Camera Partnership.

Pentillie Festival of Speed's only a week or so after. PM'ed Emma today to see about organising a stand there, but no reply :dapprove:

Seems like a pretty dull event tbh. There's only three attractions and one of them is the Safety Camera Partnership.

Pentillie Festival of Speed's only a week or so after. PM'ed Emma today to see about organising a stand there, but no reply :dapprove:

Bloody hell give me a chance. Some people have to work you know ;)

172 Sport
I am on the Pentille show all weekend for the Vospers stand, and will be doing hillclimb runs with people for charity...In out 500 Race car :p

551775_10150863994805130_709735129_12665009_2068879112_n.jpg

Get some.

Clio 182 FF
Not heard anything about this before!

I am on the Pentille show all weekend for the Vospers stand, and will be doing hillclimb runs with people for charity...In out 500 Race car :p

Get some.

Those 500s are actually pretty good! :cool: Remember seeing Cassey Watson thrashing her Trofeo Abarth 500 around Castle Combe a while ago. :hail:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Got a PM from the organiser (it think?), so thought i would answer it in the thread so everyone can discuss the points I make to see if they are also reflected in there views.

SWAS said:
hey just seen you comment about saying the SWAS show looks s**t?

Please could you let me know what is so "s**T" about it please as i am open to feedback.?

Cheers

Lee

Ok from the top:

1. The website looks to be in a unfinshed state. There is little or no information about the events. The 'Show Times' has very little information, and the competitions page has no information at all. The flash banner appears on every page - not good imo. If you want to have the adverts on every page, then make a smaller flash banner that actualy looks good. The flash banner itself looks like a poor powerpoint presentation, and the ?boxabeat? advert looks like something I would take children to see? is that right? I dont know what boxabeat is because your flash banner dosnt link thought to any information, this thus loses my attention.

2. 'The show guide is currently unavailible' make me think that there is little or no trader/clubs signed up to go to this event. If I understand correctly, the show organisation is still in its early stages, but surely there is going to be more than just the Panasonic stand? Also, Panasonic? I just feel its not very autosport related at all! If I wanted to look at Hi-Fi and audio equipment I would go to an AV show, not an autosport show. At a car show I want to be seing stands related to bit that can go into my car. Currently, the only good thing on there at the moment is the Stuntshow, but again I want more information directly fromt he flash banner and maybe a hotlink to there site? As your trying to advertise something to me, it should be made easy to gain extra informaiton without me having to use google!! The only page where I can get information is from the 'Whats on' page, which again only has 4 things listed. One of which is the Devon & Cornwall Safty Camera Partnership - I have seen there stand every year at the devon county show and in my opinion its not what I would want to spend my time looking at whilst at a car show. 'Click here to view the Club Directory - Coming soon!' - dont tease me, link to a page that tell me who has signed up. If no one has signed up, I want to know!

3. At the moment, with the limited stands information and the current adverts, it seems more like a super small devon county show more than a car show.

4. Your flyer almost give me the same amout of information as the whole website, that shows a lot is missing from the website of you can fit it on an A5 flyer!

At the moment, imo it looks s**t and I wont be going. So hurry up an make it better so I have a decent car show to go to in the south west!!! Im not sure how far along the development of the project is, if its only in the early stages, you should maybe have an early stage website that is only gear at giving information to potential traders and clubs (pretty much what you have now, but without all the advertising information, as the 'lack of' makes the show seem poor).

182 Cup
Seems like its a kid trying to organise something from what everyone is saying, maybe we should comendeer it and turn it into a mini south west cliosport show! Lol! I'd be up for it if it's gonna be any good though.

172 Sport
Looks s**t. I agree with the post above.

I would LOVE a decent motorsport show in the South West to put into my calender. The idea is excellent, but by the looks of it as you say it is poorly executed.

Honestly...I could and have done a better job!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
How are we supposed to get there? There's no travel info or even a postcode, no pictures of the showground, or anything else for that matter.

Also I'd love to see what Autosport Magazine thinks of this, especially with their (popular) Autosport Show.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Please do!

Not that I know the organiser or anything :eek:

Nah, I genuinely think this will be a big event, there's a lot of planning and support so it has the potential.

Clio 220 Trophy
How are we supposed to get there? There's no travel info or even a postcode, no pictures of the showground, or anything else for that matter.

Also I'd love to see what Autosport Magazine thinks of this, especially with their (popular) Autosport Show.

Bloody Hell McGerkin

Your in Plymouth and don,t know how to get to Newton Abbot LOL

Its only 33 miles
Up the A38 towards Exeter, A383 Newton Abbot sorted LOL

LY 172
this "show" spent a week covering my facebook being posted by anyone with a car.

now all of a sudden nothing.... HAHA

i'll stick to the plymouth B&Q meets ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody Hell McGerkin

Your in Plymouth and don,t know how to get to Newton Abbot LOL

Its only 33 miles
Up the A38 towards Exeter, A383 Newton Abbot sorted LOL

I was being devil's advocate. I know where to go but does everyone? My point is you can't have an event without even giving details on how to get there!

B&Q? That's not the equivalent of a Maccies carpark drifting innit beyz blastin toonz meet is it?

LY 172
B&Q? That's not the equivalent of a Maccies carpark drifting innit beyz blastin toonz meet is it?

some would say it is.

usaly some drifting early on when theirs space, but by the time the 500 odd spaces are full, theirs usaly the odd drag race, burnout and flame spitting contest. lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

CS will judge you for this.

Just got a PM from Leeroy (SWAS), apparently the website does have a location page :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 172
Anyway back on track. Why would you need a location page. We all know how to use google maps.

Anyone but me going to be attending?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Leeroy has replied to my post with the following:

Hi

Thanks for your reply..

I cant actually reply to the tread.. however im not a kid i have been part of shows for 10 years and own the SW largest car club street-stylers so have a good idea what i am talking about and have won many trophies at shows for best club.

The show yes is progressing every day and more and more is happening as we speak and the website is being updated all the time.

I cant add anything to the directory until i have confirmed bookings and i am happy with the enquires i have been getting so far for clubs and traders.

Ill take on board your views but this seems to be the only club i have been on that has done nothing but rip the show apart.

Hope this clears the comments and hope you guys will keep the show in mind and if there is anything you would like to see at the show please let me know as open to fresh ideas.

Regards

Leeroy

LY 172
Those pictures are from essentially a local meet. And not the Autosport even in question. Sorry for any confusion.

If anyone is intersted in going could they let me know?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I realise it a local meet, thus why I said 'I rather go to the SWAShow' lol. Is it really as it looks? Chavs with crap cars etc? or are the picture misleading?

LY 172
I'd say a 3rd are crap.
A third are jap
And the rest are decent cars.

Oooh completely passed me the SWAS bit lol

172 Sport
Lee Nathan of Stree Stylerz and BMW fame...I know who you are.

And on that note I probably won't be going.