ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South west calendar shoot (weekend of the 19th)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Me, Ed, Terri, Dan and Nyall.

Then crashed back at Terri's, Dan and Nyall only stayed for a while because they needed to get back, but me and Ed have only just got back!

Pics will be going in a seperate thread, think Terri has volunteered to do a write up.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Was a good day ;)
Got some photos being up loaded now, will drop a few in here that are good, will add the rest to Dan's media thread.
Will take a few of the video clips of us karting put them together.
Not much to write up really.
Dan blocked the road so we could get out, stopped ontop of a cold foggy hill. Dan led us down a very narrow track, took some pics, drove abit, took some pics in the sun, left and went karting

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Terri has kindly done a little write up.

So after researching what the weather was going to be like and realising the iPhone weather app would be wrong I decided to go to the dartmoor photoshoot meet and I'm glad I did! Despite being stung by nettles and waking up with bruises a really random yet great day was had.
After meeting at the meet point the first mission of the day was how to manoeuvre 7 clios out in formation on a busy Saturday! So Dan in his wisdom blocked the entire road allow the clios to escape to the moors! Once on the moors it only made sense to pull over by a run down house on its own surrounded by fog (not creepy at all!) after debating how the line up should be and me defending my cars colour (which it isn't petrol blue!) some top quality pics were taken just in time before the rain started. After a few drops turned into buckets of rain it was time for a drive (of course very sensibly & at speed limits) to find a pub in the middle of nowhere for some pretty tasty grub! Whilst scoffing our faces the weather decided to be nice & give us some sunshine for some more photos! Trying to be arty resulted in me being stung by the only nettle in sight, so I gave up & let the guys take some more awesome piccys but in an effort to ensure we had some really good photos to enter in the competition we ventured further into dartmoor on some of the best driving roads around with the sheep spectating the line up of fairly filthy clios! A last minute decision & left turn resulted in a fairly narrow, wet, grassy lane with a tv (yes a tv) casually dumped on the verge. This was an interesting location for pictures, after some skilled manoeuvring to avoid the rocks, cow s**t and bumps we managed to get a pretty decent abstract looking photo pose! This was when we were joined by a thirds inferno who somehow managed to find us! We took more photos whilst dodging random cars & receiving dodgy looks - you'd think people were used to seeing modified cars parked on the moors at arty angles & ready to topple over (Callum!!) But by this time it is starting to get fairly cold & were in need of some warmth so after one last photo stop the group split with some going back up towards Exeter & the rest going back towards Plymouth for some karting!
I'm sure I can blame the karting for my bruises - there's nothing wrong with friendly competition until Dan rams into you T-Boning you on the hairpin (Git!!) buuuut I didn't lose so he failed! Although it was quite funny having the lads be told to "take it easy" and "you have more power than the others" by the marshals for almost killing several (very slow) other karters in their baby go karts, honestly can't take a bunch of lads anywhere! After realising it was almost 7 and we were all hungry, being totally nice, we finished the meet up with dominos and films at my lovely bungaflat (not quite a bungalow but a large flat) with a very poorly pooch (don't ask!) so it was quite a good long day full of clios, cameras, sheep & petrol head activities! So I'm glad I made the decision to go in the end as it was a totally random unprepared meet but it was the best CS meet I've been to!

Video of the karting will hopefully come along soon as well.
@Dan, feel free to just copy them off my flickr if there are any you like, should be able to download them in full hi-res

Link to Video - http://youtu.be/5YJ058iOlaw

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172
Terri has kindly done a little write up.

So after researching what the weather was going to be like and realising the iPhone weather app would be wrong I decided to go to the dartmoor photoshoot meet and I'm glad I did! Despite being stung by nettles and waking up with bruises a really random yet great day was had.
After meeting at the meet point the first mission of the day was how to manoeuvre 7 clios out in formation on a busy Saturday! So Dan in his wisdom blocked the entire road allow the clios to escape to the moors! Once on the moors it only made sense to pull over by a run down house on its own surrounded by fog (not creepy at all!) after debating how the line up should be and me defending my cars colour (which it isn't petrol blue!) some top quality pics were taken just in time before the rain started. After a few drops turned into buckets of rain it was time for a drive (of course very sensibly & at speed limits) to find a pub in the middle of nowhere for some pretty tasty grub! Whilst scoffing our faces the weather decided to be nice & give us some sunshine for some more photos! Trying to be arty resulted in me being stung by the only nettle in sight, so I gave up & let the guys take some more awesome piccys but in an effort to ensure we had some really good photos to enter in the competition we ventured further into dartmoor on some of the best driving roads around with the sheep spectating the line up of fairly filthy clios! A last minute decision & left turn resulted in a fairly narrow, wet, grassy lane with a tv (yes a tv) casually dumped on the verge. This was an interesting location for pictures, after some skilled manoeuvring to avoid the rocks, cow s**t and bumps we managed to get a pretty decent abstract looking photo pose! This was when we were joined by a thirds inferno who somehow managed to find us! We took more photos whilst dodging random cars & receiving dodgy looks - you'd think people were used to seeing modified cars parked on the moors at arty angles & ready to topple over (Callum!!) But by this time it is starting to get fairly cold & were in need of some warmth so after one last photo stop the group split with some going back up towards Exeter & the rest going back towards Plymouth for some karting!
I'm sure I can blame the karting for my bruises - there's nothing wrong with friendly competition until Dan rams into you T-Boning you on the hairpin (Git!!) buuuut I didn't lose so he failed! Although it was quite funny having the lads be told to "take it easy" and "you have more power than the others" by the marshals for almost killing several (very slow) other karters in their baby go karts, honestly can't take a bunch of lads anywhere! After realising it was almost 7 and we were all hungry, being totally nice, we finished the meet up with dominos and films at my lovely bungaflat (not quite a bungalow but a large flat) with a very poorly pooch (don't ask!) so it was quite a good long day full of clios, cameras, sheep & petrol head activities! So I'm glad I made the decision to go in the end as it was a totally random unprepared meet but it was the best CS meet I've been to!

Video of the karting will hopefully come along soon as well.
@Dan, feel free to just copy them off my flickr if there are any you like, should be able to download them in full hi-res

Link to Video - http://youtu.be/5YJ058iOlaw

glad u had fun

really, really needs paragraphs though..... :p