ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plugs and leads

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
hi

Can anyone tell me if it is worth changing the spark plugs and leads for performance ones on my 172? if so any advise on which ones????

Many thanks
Scott

not much difference to be honest ...............i've got denso irridium plugs and magnecor 8.5mm leads;)

^^ didnt know the oem leads are better than the mag 8.5mm leads.. will change them back one of these days.

btw, you are up early on a Sat... working on an extra inlet for me huh? :p

clio 172
Just been trying to buy plugs myself and found out Clio 172's have top of the range Platium plugs (£16 a piece). Which means you only need a set every 30k or so.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Just been trying to buy plugs myself and found out Clio 172's have top of the range Platium plugs (£16 a piece). Which means you only need a set every 30k or so.

The F4R uses NGK 3688 Sparkplugs. And in fact, you only need to change it at 72K miles (120k km). So around the time you change the cambelt :).

I just got mine today :D
pakking_bougie.jpg

Lying next to the teflon gaskets of hill_power ;).

Reason for change at my clio is the fact that I bought the clio at 125.000km. Around the sparkplugs changing mark. And I don't think that the Honda Dealer took off the inlet etc just to change the sparkplugs ;). So mine are in for 100k Miles now (first set) I guess, unless they are changed along the way by the previous owner, but could not find it in the service history.

Edit:
Got them from this bloke:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PFR6E-10-NGK-...2081697QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Savings are huge :)