ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo DEAD

clio 172
when iam driving along at a constant speed sometimes the speedo just drops down to 0mph, then i dab the throttle and it shoots straight up. Any advise?

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Dodgy Sensor, Is it connected properly? Yes? Then a dodgy Sensor get a new one, still dosent work? Then i have no idead

FF RB 182
mine does it but dabbing the throttle does nothing, a bump or gear change can make it work or not work lol

Mine started to do this too about a month ago. It's staying off longer and longer and when it does work it doesn't seem to be instigated by anything I do. Not connected with bumps in the road, gear changes or changes to throttle.

If it is a gearbox sensor, does anybody have any advice on how to change it. Is it reachable through the bonnet or do you have to get underneath the car to change it?

Any help appreciated.

Paul.

Clio RT 1.4 1997
i have a problem with my speedo, but it doesn't drop to 0; all that happens is it fluctuates at any speed below 30mph :S

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
ph2 172 will be abs sensors on each wheel so check for missing/cracked teeth on the abs ring behind brake discs. ph1 172 will be gearbox sensor.

mines the same, miles dont go up either very frustrating, would love to know how to sort it out and where to get a new gearbox sensor from, any help would be a great help

sam

Cliosport 172 2001
Same thing happened to me they replaced speed sensor on my rear wheel (£100) and after 2 miles the same problem occurred they replaced gearbox speed sensor (£25) problem now gone.