ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeking noise from engine.

2005 Clio 182 FF
Theres a awful squeeking noise coming from the engine, sounds like Ive a supercharger! Im looking at the belts being the main culprits. Changed them both 2K ago and they have been fine since. Has anybody had this before?

Changed the exhaust also for a Ktec janspeed SuperSports with a decat. Have to say, brilliant exhaust, very impressed with it. However Im getting the emissions warning light on the dash, took a while to appear but I expected it. What I didnt expect, was it to begin flashing usually when its cold, or Ive been sitting in traffic or stuck behind a coffin dodger. I presumed this was due to it just running on the rich side. But I changed the plugs there a week ago and #1 was running much richer than the other 3 cylinders, also my MPG is fluctuating from 21 MPG to 36 MPG and this is same driving style etc? Is this and the exhaust related?

Also I read that its hard to get much more out of the f4r engine, is this true? If Honda get 170 + from a B16 then surely more can be gained from the 2L renault?

2005 Clio 182 FF
^^How much money you got? it is do-able but not cheap
depends on if its worth spending the money on it to get more power, or just buy another car with more power! Ive the usual mods, induction kit and straight thru with a de cat, so I suppose the next step is mapping it? Maybe RS tuner?

Clio 197
Theres a awful squeeking noise coming from the engine, sounds like Ive a supercharger! Im looking at the belts being the main culprits. Changed them both 2K ago and they have been fine since. Has anybody had this before?

Changed the exhaust also for a Ktec janspeed SuperSports with a decat. Have to say, brilliant exhaust, very impressed with it. However Im getting the emissions warning light on the dash, took a while to appear but I expected it. What I didnt expect, was it to begin flashing usually when its cold, or Ive been sitting in traffic or stuck behind a coffin dodger. I presumed this was due to it just running on the rich side. But I changed the plugs there a week ago and #1 was running much richer than the other 3 cylinders, also my MPG is fluctuating from 21 MPG to 36 MPG and this is same driving style etc? Is this and the exhaust related?

Also I read that its hard to get much more out of the f4r engine, is this true? If Honda get 170 + from a B16 then surely more can be gained from the 2L renault?

Is the squeek present all the time e.g when just letting the engine idle? or just when revved? Were the tensioners changed or not when the belts were done?

2005 Clio 182 FF
Is the squeek present all the time e.g when just letting the engine idle? or just when revved? Were the tensioners changed or not when the belts were done?
Tensioners on the TB were changed, Guy in Renault told me I dont need a tensioner for the aux as they never change them? Its there when Im driving, not when Idling I dont think. I was thinking it could be the gearbox, but its doing it in every gear it seems. The PAS is losing fluid, not alot, maybe 100ml every 3 or 4 months, I just keep it topped up, It did run down to the point the pump was making interesting noises but those noises aint the same as Im getting now. Its getting me paranoid as I dont want a belt letting go! Is there anything to look for on the tensioner to indicate its going? I really do not fancy doing it again so soon, its a pain in the arse to get at.

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
The tensioner and idler pulley on the aux belt should be changed every 36k miles. Not worth not doing it because if it fails it can cause the timing belt to jump, ruining the engine.

2005 Clio 182 FF
bit of an update to the noise, used a screwdriver up against the timing cover and could hear the belt flying around and a faint squeek, its intermittant at idle but when i driving its noticeable. Its definatley around the aux/timing belt area as the noise fades further away i go. any ideas? Might pull off the timing cover and have a look if everything is still aligned.