ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stafford meet take ......

secret
take 3 is it now??? anyway guys and gals, me and ant got talking the other day while sorting his new toy out about having another stafford meet but any car related so try and get a good few ppl together. will stick with the same carpark because of its size and place then move onto to where ever gets the most votes, being cannok chase, milford comon or for a good drive

i will speak to phil who is area rep on 106 owners and get him to organise for the same day along with posting on other forums aswel and obv word of mouth, weather alot turn up or not it will be a good catch up!

as you know i do not own a clio anymore but my girlfriend has mine so u can all see how it has changed over the past months plus see my new toy in the flesh, all 340bhp of her :p

sooo.... how about sunday 7th october at 12 noon

whats your thoughts?

2014 Clio 200t edc
If I'm available I'll be up for that! Are we allowing ant to come with his pink wheels??

secret
Yeah but he had to park a few speces down :p

U must have one good working car out of ur millions john?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wocka...the 8th we're having the monthly meet up Stafford/Stoke way...so you guys might wanna pop down/up to that!!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
But the calendar states its solihull??

That was last meet Piers. Mike (stokie4ker) is selecting the place for next meet. He is in Stoke, but will have a look for somewhere for us all to meet. The only reason it still states Solihull is because until Mike gives me or Matt details, we cant update Calendar to reflect this. Will pm him tomorrow and see if he has thought of a place for us. :)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Lets make it stfford, theres a decent crowed that way.

must get some plastidip for my pink wheels....

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Lets make it stfford, theres a decent crowed that way.

must get some plastidip for my pink wheels....

You mean make the monthly meet Stafford?
If more people from stafford come to the monthly when it's in other areas then we'll do exactly that.
As it stands e.g Mike comes to all the monthlys and travels from Stoke so we're now going to move it closer to him.
Not too far anyway for you :)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
You mean make the monthly meet Stafford?
If more people from stafford come to the monthly when it's in other areas then we'll do exactly that.
As it stands e.g Mike comes to all the monthlys and travels from Stoke so we're now going to move it closer to him.
Not too far anyway for you :)

No.

i mean lets make this one stafford as the stafford ones ha a good crowd

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No.

i mean lets make this one stafford as the stafford ones ha a good crowd

Ant...Mike is always at the meets we've been doing and he is coming all the way from Stoke EVERY meet...so what we do is those that come can have ab inout on the next meet. You need to be there to have a say on next meet so its fair and we are moving it around to encompass all areas, not just one place/area.

Mike has texted me and is trying a pub out tonight which is at j14 of M6 as he doesnt want us going all the way to Stoke even though he has been to Wolvo and also Solihull!!! (there's committment!)

Once he has done his recce and decides on a venue which he is happy with...we will get it up. I suggested the Monday as its the day after and is around that area.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Tis always busy at redhil.

i used to go to meets all over te country don when i was younger but cant be arsed trapsing round anymore.

me and wocka thought it would be a good idea to have a stafford meet as theyve always been good in the past

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Tis always busy at redhil.

i used to go to meets all over te country don when i was younger but cant be arsed trapsing round anymore.

me and wocka thought it would be a good idea to have a stafford meet as theyve always been good in the past

No issue mate, its just that its unfair on people who come all the time or most of the time from areas which dont tend to get covered (Worcestershire for one) so we are trying to get our area covered more. The problem which has been apparent in ALL areas is that 'Billybob' will say "have a meet in X..." so all manner of time and effort goes in to arranging something to suit 'Billybob' who then doesnt turn up. So we (Matt and I) are trying to make it fair on the 'regulars' (so to speak).

Hope that makes sense (and isnt a dig at anyone...especially Billybob! Pmsl) :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I thought we banned BillyBob due to lack of commitment...goes to search usernames to see if there's anyone with that name and invite him to the next meet :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Stoke meet, suppose I should realy make the effort to turn up!

Definitely should :) Details will be in the calender within the next week or so I should imagine then you will also receive a PM if your box is empty just before. The thread is in the sticky sectin at the top of our region.

george 172,205,metro
although im from stafford to i see dons point as its only fair is he has put the effort in before then we could head closer to stoke, ideally just find a pub with a good car park for us all to get together,
mind u i dont think the van will suit cliosport very well lol:rasp:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mike has come back to me and the meet will be at following place.

Redhill, 1 Spitfire Close, Stafford. ST16 1GX

(From Mike) The Redhill seems alright and they do an all you can eat Chinese buffet on Mondays so should be good for anyone who's hungry. They still have the 2 meals for £10 thing if people don't like Chinese.

Themed nights flyer

etutuda6.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
although im from stafford to i see dons point as its only fair is he has put the effort in before then we could head closer to stoke, ideally just find a pub with a good car park for us all to get together,
mind u i dont think the van will suit cliosport very well lol:rasp:

Yeah and if you come to the stoke one etc then will try to accomodate you on another :) Win win.

Yeah mike's going to let us know of a pub.

As for the van, Dave turns up every week in a rolling dog kennel and my car is a rolling shed so there's no issue there

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Mike has come back to me and the meet will be at following place.

Redhill, 1 Spitfire Close, Stafford. ST16 1GX

(From Mike) The Redhill seems alright and they do an all you can eat Chinese buffet on Mondays so should be good for anyone who's hungry. They still have the 2 meals for £10 thing if people don't like Chinese.

Themed nights flyer

etutuda6.jpg

Superb, nice one mike. Next monthly sorted :)

george 172,205,metro
Great idea, oh okay Jonny what's crap about the car park mate?
Inadequate spaces or just the surfacing?

its adjoined to the hotel so its always very full, ill have a look this week for a few other possibilities but keeping it on the stoke side to be fair.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mike has already suggested the place. Its just if there is anywhere to park nearby we are after mate. :) (otherwise, what was point in Mike suggesting anything?)

george 172,205,metro
Mike has already suggested the place. Its just if there is anywhere to park nearby we are after mate. :) (otherwise, what was point in Mike suggesting anything?)

apologies was merely explaining about the carpark situation and adding my suggestions.

keo

Clio Trophy
I went a 106 meet ages ago at the darleston inn, its not far from jct14 on the m6. Big car park and they serve food, no idea what the food is like now havent been for years. It used to be ok though

BG182ff,explod Focus
Mike wins the official award. 'MFS of the year'

MFS :S, errrrr......thanks Mat?

At the last meet some of the guys suggested the Redhill as it would be easy to get to for the southerners who don't know the area so that's why I gave it a try on Friday after work.

Had a cheese and tomato quiche and baked potato as they are usually awful pretty much everywhere.
The quiche wasn't soggy or had a wet base but was nice and firm, was a pretty good size and had the tomato cooked into the quiche instead of just being plonked on top and was almost certainly the best I've had. Equally, with baked potatoes, most places either under cook them or massively overcook them and quite often put the wrapped butter portion on the hot plate so when you open it you get covered in molten butter. Their baked potato was perfectly cooked all the way through and the butter came in a separate bowl and was soft enough to spread without being molten.

Any idiot can cook chips and a burger but if they are getting food right that most restaurants get wrong it does bode well for their other food.

That was the only time I've ever been there though and the carpark isn't the biggest so it may well be full at night, especially with an all you can eat buffet on Mondays. There is an Arnold Clark Motorstore across the road with plenty of room so maybe we could park there?

Hopefully it will play out well for everybody and we'll have a great night in which case it was all my idea but if it doesn't it was all Mat's idea and we'll know not to use it again for a meet.

F.A.O. the Stafford boys.
No, no I am not a scouser.
No, no I do not sound like a scouser.
I'm a stokie and I sound like a stokie.
Now we have that cleared up is there any chance you can not spend the night keep asking me if I'm from Liverpool ;)

F.A.O. Anyone not from Stafford.
Please don't tease or make fun of their hearing defect, it's not their fault.
It's congenital.
The same would happen to you if you had to buy your sister a Mothers Day card :rasp:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hopefully it will play out well for everybody and we'll have a great night in which case it was all my idea but if it doesn't it was all Mat's idea and we'll know not to use it again for a meet.

Good to see I'm not being blamed for this one...Cheers Mike! :)