ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steamy headlights

rcz 200gt
anybody had there headlights condensate up if so how do you cure it thanks guys just bought my first 172 today what a motor its a 02 version cant stop[ smiling:rasp:

silver cup packed FF 182
my mate had this problem on his old 172 in the end he just gave up as it was a common problem,however he dried the the headlights out a couple times with a hairdryer that did the trick untill they steamed up again! in the hand manual you get with the car it says in the back that steamed up headlights arn't a fault and they condensate due to the temperture!?!

yep as it all depends on how well the rubber mount on the back seals it as they aint 100% perfect,most cars do though that are cheap

106 GTi
The outer lens part is not a sealed unit so you may get some moisture build up - also noted is some Renault technical note as being normal/accepatable.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
as my car has been in pieces ive taken my headlights out and put them next to the radiator in the front room, hopefully it should help :)

/carl

BMW F21 125d
My 172 does this, only when i wash it (or at least thats the only time i notice) I just whack my xenons on whilst i dry the car and it soon clears it.

172 ph2
My 172 does this, only when i wash it (or at least thats the only time i notice) I just whack my xenons on whilst i dry the car and it soon clears it.

Mines the same. Doesn't do it in rain but it does after I have been washing it.