ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel leather problem

The steering wheel in my Mk2 172 has recently decided to peel on the right side, 3 o-clock area. It started off as a small bubble, but has slowly began to peel away. it looks as if something has melted it away, and its very annoying and unsightly. to make matters worse, a new patch is beginning to bubble at 2 o-clock, which is the bit i use most when fighting with Type-Rs.

Ive tried putting some glue over it as temporary treatment to stop any more peeling, but is there a better solution? any one with a similar problem?

thanks in advance.

Lionel Richie

if its under 18months old, take it back to renault and claim on warranty!!!

If its over 18months old then = £££££££

thats just started to happen on mine too. i thought about getting a cover for the wheel. there are some pretty nice looking ones out there.

nice (or not as the case may be) to know that someone else also has the same problem. im going to pop down renault for a word this evening. problem is, i dont know if my warranty covers it since my car was bought as an import at an indepedent dealer.

in any case, a moan shouldnt be out of order.