ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

step backwards??

ive got a 1.4 16v 03 dynamique, after christmas im thinkin of selling it and getting something in the region of 2k - 2.5k, so i keep some money after buying another car.

thought about 106 gti's and things like that but really wanting a williams.

think this will just cause me more hassle than its worth??

advice appreciated, expecially people with williams'! lol

cheers

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Williams will cost an arm and a leg to keep running.

The pug is not that much slower and costs less to buy,insure and run.

LY 200
^^^ Niether my 1.8 16v engine or 2.0 16v engine broke in 2 years of owning them :S gear box went on 1.8 but that was after 90 odd k. Get a gooden and i shouldnt think it would be any different to the vts's or gti's in terms of reliabilty.

On topic not sure what you mean by step back, maybe in age but trust you'll be far happier withh either of the cars youve listed.

106 GTi
I have a few mates with 106 GTi's and thery seem to have there fair share of niggles too.

the williams will probably cost more to run in general aswell, which would probably end up in you not saving any money anyways

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
pushing it to what? if i want speed i'll get on my motorbike and piss over everything but i'd much rather get in my clio rather than a golf which has an interior about as interesting as an ingrown toenail and are about as fun to drive as a milk float!

ive done a few quotes for a williams and its just within my price range put it that way lol, not really doing it thinking that its going to save me money each month, just going to put some money away for maybe travelling next year. just dont want to be dishin out tons for gettin it fixed every 2mins

pushing it to what? if i want speed i'll get on my motorbike and piss over everything but i'd much rather get in my clio rather than a golf which has an interior about as interesting as an ingrown toenail and are about as fun to drive as a milk float!

the ditch? the slow lane?
valid points about the bike and the golf, but then no one was talking about golfs and bikes here. you seem to think that 106 gtis are s**t and boring. fact is.. they're not.

no wonder this forum is getting a reputation with forum users posting crap stating that a car is 's**t'

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
oh i was talking bout the golfs. but 106 gti's ain't all that either, why not just go the whole hog and buy a saxo vts!

FOR SALE!!!
oh i was talking bout the golfs. but 106 gti's ain't all that either, why not just go the whole hog and buy a saxo vts!

106 gti is quicker than a vts as its lighter my mate has a 106 gti and it very quick for what it is great little cars he has had few problems with his mind but probbly the way he drives it and plus vts/vtr are know as a chav car 106 gti just looks betts in my opionin

106 gti is quicker than a vts as its lighter my mate has a 106 gti and it very quick for what it is great little cars he has had few problems with his mind but probbly the way he drives it and plus vts/vtr are know as a chav car 106 gti just looks betts in my opionin

actually the 106gti is slightly heavier due to the leather interior :)

some gtis are quicker than vts, some arent

the engines in both varied from 120-130bhp.

dont see that many 106gti's around to be fair.
172 performance for half the price. cant beat them for smiles per £