ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo always on, Passenger door wont lock.

Hey, i have a mk2 ph1 1.2 and i have a Phillips Renault CD player, which works with the middle dash, but it always stays on even when the keys out, only way to turn it off is by taking out the fuse.

Also the passenger side door wont lock with the central locking, only with the key and it seems that the light inside is always on even when everything closed, so i dont know if theres something wrong with the electrics?

Any ideas?

BTW i just bought the car, after my last one had a smash.
Cheers

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It's French, count yourself luck that is all that's wrong with it.

In my first MK1 Clio, the hazard switch operated the wipers at full speed only, and the doors were permanently locked so I had to get out through the boot.

My old Nova GSi had an interesting fault. Remove the hazard switch, turn upside down, re-insert and the ignition came on. Was a fault in a lot of Nova's apparently.

Same with a mates. His steering lock was bust and boot wouldn't lock so we used to have many hours of fun 'stealing' his car, turning it round at night, parking it on the other side of the street when he was asleep.

Took him a while to find out the truth. Poor guy was going insane.