ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone chips near rear wheel.

LY R26 #288
Anyone else's Clio suffering from stone chips on the rear quarter just infront of the rear wheel.

Mines always had them since I've had it. Annoys me. Just wondered if it was fairly common?

Clio 182
yeah, both sides of mines looks like they have been blasted by a shotgun, iirc i read somewhere about renault paint being quite soft, not worth a respray imo - not as noticable after a machine polish

182cup & 172 racecar
Somebody years ago was doing a clear stick on bit of vinyl to protect this area,it's very common.Sh1t happens.

Renault Traffic
my old 182 had this on either side annoyed me too, didnt help the car was lowered but once the car was given a good polish didnt bother me

Sprint 172
I'm going to try the road rash kit from these guys in the spring... http://www.chipex.co.uk/
As the rash is barely noticeable, I'm hoping the kit will be enough to hide them. Could always follow this up with some protection film as Tony suggested.

Evo 5 RS
Making a mock up kit here which could be available soon when I get myself in the traders section next month. For front bumpers and rear quarters

LY R26 #288
Cool. Some interesting info there. It's only a small thing but is annoying. I'll keep an eye out for any updates on these kits :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
This has ALWAYS annoyed me about the Clio - had it on my Black dci and on the 172, dad's old dci was bad too :dead:

RB 182 FF cup pack
yes really annoying especially if you have an OCD complex about paintwork like myself! Most people will never notice though!