ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm grey 172/182 nearly finished...

@Daniel How is the car without power steering? I think my rack is warn as it makes some funny noises on full right lock and I was considering the power steering delete too but wondered if it would be a bit too heavy without assistance? I've not driven a car without it since my first car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel How is the car without power steering? I think my rack is warn as it makes some funny noises on full right lock and I was considering the power steering delete too but wondered if it would be a bit too heavy without assistance? I've not driven a car without it since my first car!
Absolutely fine. My car has the same setup.

I used mine daily without issue. On track you don't notice anything different really. Around town it's obviously heavier but nothing to worry about.
It's massively cheaper than an air con delete kit too. I paid £17 for a Renault 11 alternator bracket and £6 for a belt.

Just remove all the hydraulic stuff, put a tiny amount of oil in the rack to keep it lubed up and then stick a bolt in each end of the rack.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So if you remove both aircon and power steering pump you only need a different bracket and belt? If so that is a mega saving over the pure motorsport stuff that doesn't seem to last!
Yes mate.

If you search my project (superfastdan extremely long project or similar to that) there are pics in there.

But it's less than £30 plus a bit of your time.

My reasoning behind doing it; less stuff to go wrong, less stuff to mess about with should it need an engine swap.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Absolute heap.

Wish Cup BHP had got this level of treatment!
Cup BHP was really bad timing. We both ran out of money/work just as we had to make a decision about racing.

A victim of circumstance if you will.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That is stunning.. Attention to detail is unbelievable! That's my sort of build, fair play to him.