ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm grey 172/182 nearly finished...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I didn't even know you had this one. I like it bar the exhaust.

Not mine mate, it belongs to my mate.

The only thing I was used for was the dismantling of the old one when he re-shelled it, and I 'll be wet sanding and polishing it once it's completely finished.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So, this has been made and is on the road! (Illegally...)

Going on its first track day on Friday.

It was mapped by circuit motors last week and it managed 214bhp ATF. It goes like stink!! Makes our 240bhp mini look like a micra.

I'll update with some photos on Friday. @Cub. should be in Bristol too so may get some of his sc'd flamer. :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
So, this has been made and is on the road! (Illegally...)

Going on its first track day on Friday.

It was mapped by circuit motors last week and it managed 214bhp ATF. It goes like stink!! Makes our 240bhp mini look like a micra.

I'll update with some photos on Friday. @Cub. should be in Bristol too so may get some of his sc'd flamer. :)
Dont care just hurry up and post some pictures!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yyeeeass! Looking forward to seeing this, and you two chuckle brothers on Friday :smile: x

Flamer will be there. Albeit dirty, and I may not be able to give it full beans due to the map.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It had it's first outing today. It's quick!!

Sadly it shat it's dephaser on the last run and knocked the timing out :(

But it made a 2014 trackday which was the aim. Bloody nice car now!!

Some pics;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414775423.208317.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414775435.540418.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414775448.073621.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414775461.740543.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He got LOTS of attention today, everyone commenting on how well it's been finished. And it has.

I just don't tell him because I'm a jealous pig.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Shame about the dephaser/timing mate. But it does look superb, one of my favourite car colours :up:
Yeah it was a bit of a downer. The dephaser was replaced less than 150 miles ago but it was over 4 years ago.

I don't think it liked 8000rpm the first day after being rested for 4 years.

I told him it's an ideal time for cams but he's having nOne of it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What is the engine spec?

Looks nice and sounds well.
Standard engine, custom ITB manifold, power steering and ac delete, 182 manifold, custom exhaust, mtec ecu mapped at circuit motors/sabre tuning.

214bhp and 186ftlb.

SQ5
It may be because I'm tired, but how does the dash go around the cage? It looks very neat, and I can't see a join!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It may be because I'm tired, but how does the dash go around the cage? It looks very neat, and I can't see a join!
He peeled the vinyl off, cut the hole out for the cage, then glued the vinyl back down.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The cage goes throughout the bulkhead to the suspension turrets too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But how did he fit the dash back with cage in place?!
See the gaps? Once all the screws are out, you slide it right so the left hand side clears, pull the left hand side free and then the right.

He's thought of everything! (Apart from a new dephaser)

SQ5
Yea, they just don't look big enough! Such a pucka job been made one that, let alone the rest of it! Too good to track!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yea, they just don't look big enough! Such a pucka job been made one that, let alone the rest of it! Too good to track!
It's taken him 6 years!

It is like a show car, but give it half a dozen track days, it will be battered. He has no sympathy!!

SQ5
Noooooo....

I wish I could own a Clio long enough to get it to such a standard before killing it. The killing it is always more fun though [emoji48][emoji48]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice indeed!

I like the gauges a lot, tempted to do something similar.
Including the wiring and sensors (they don't come with the gauges!!) that little pod was just under £1,200. Plus the hours he spent on the Perspex surround.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I seem to remember AIM MXL digidashes being cheaper than that if you went without the datalogger.

Still a lovely build though.
Eh??

He just went to Merlin Motorsport and found some gauges that did everything he wanted and looked good.

They aren't linked to the ECU.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What does it weigh Dan?
Not a lot! It's getting weighed before Xmas so we'll find out soon.

It's heavier than my mk1 so I should (with a completely standard engine) be glued to his bumper At the next track day.

Yesterday gave me some motivation. At last.

Just need to find some money. I'm so skint at the minute I haven't eaten for two days! Lol