ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Straight Swap

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

Ive got a rotter of a PH1 valver and a nice RSI PH3. If I swap the engine over will the 16v engine loom and ECU just interface nicely with the dash and other looms or will I have to use my electrical skills and a few beers??

I have a customers ph1, its a bit rotten but Im doing lots of work on it to get it mechanically sorted.

He can then sort out the bodywork which if you go to the right places will not be dear.

end of the day if you sort the rotten one it will last, its genuine and it will hold its value as well.

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

Thanks for advice (Some untrue) but all I need to know is does the wiring on the all clios fit with all clio engine looms?

Ive already tossed the ideas around in my head and it will cost so much ££ to make the valver mint again. Practically every panel has the laquer delaminated, both rear arches are rusty as hell and perforated all the way through, the front suspension turret has been bent out of position in the past and so the caster is out on one side making it handle like crap. The RSI genuinely is immaculate and newer reg.

Anyway, What I have found out/done so far is:

The PH3 RSI has the same style interior, oil dials and temp sensor, electric windows,electric sunroof,PAS,electric mirrors, etc. All baring the leather dash top, leather glovebox cover and pattern on the seats and doors (Wich I dont like anyway.) Ive already swapped the dash and glovebox cover.

I dont know what all this about the rear track being wider on a valver is dont know about williams but the valver one def aint. Before I swapped the rear beams, I measured the distance between the inside lip of the brake disks and found it to be the same on both rear beams. From what I understand, it is only the torsion bars and dampers wich are stiffer. Anyway Ive already swapped the rear beam and shock horror, the wheels dont stick out any more than they did. LOL Maybe Ph3 clio RSI rear beam is longer than Ph2 RSI or something silly.

The Aux fuel tank is already there on the PH3 RSI so no Messing round there either. The Fuel pump and sender off the 16v is now in situe also.

I am going to have a go with the standard bonnet, and possibly either grind it or the inlet manifold. Renault also sell some shims that can fit between the hinges and the bonnet (Part no 77 50 810 611) I will just change the front wings for the williams ones and have them painted in monaco blue as at the mo I am trying to source A willy subframe, ARB, Wishbones, shocks and driveshafts, Also a Willy JC5 Gearbox (Planning to BB turbo the 16v in the future.)

[Edited by TD172 on 27 July 2005 at 4:49pm]

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by TD172 on 27 July 2005

I dont know what all this about the rear track being wider on a valver is dont know about williams but the valver one def aint. Before I swapped the rear beams, I measured the distance between the inside lip of the brake disks and found it to be the same on both rear beams. From what I understand, it is only the torsion bars and dampers wich are stiffer. Anyway Ive already swapped the rear beam and shock horror, the wheels dont stick out any more than they did. LOL Maybe Ph3 clio RSI rear beam is longer than Ph2 RSI or something silly.

[Edited by TD172 on 27 July 2005 at 4:49pm]
who told you the rear was wider mate, only track difference i know of is between the williams and the valver, and isnt that on the front??:confused: