ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange hesitation

Mk2 1.4 s
Hi everyone as title ... went for a quick run to the shop eairlyer and from 1st to 3rd while applying the trottle the motor bogged down allot it felt like it wanted to stall and was jerking me all over the place any ideas what this could be

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mines started to do this and cold starts are getting worse and worse. A cheap code reader points to the lambda but suppose it could be coil pack, leads, plugs etc.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A cheap code reader ALWAYS points to lambdas!

Ive had 3 cheapy readers over the years and they said lambda even after i changed them for genuine ones.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
A cheap code reader ALWAYS points to lambdas!

Ive had 3 cheapy readers over the years and they said lambda even after i changed them for genuine ones.

Surely whatever code reader you have can only report the codes stored on the ECU?

I've got a cheap wifi obd2 cable and use Dashcommand on iPhone, I've never had an incorrect fault code yet.