ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange whining since fitting uprated engine mounts

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
So I have just fitted a KTEC uprated engine mount and upper gear box mount, i've had them before so was expecting the increased vibration which I mostly get at idle, but there is a strange and very faint high pitch (almost like a supercharger. LOL ) whining noise now coming from the front of the car under acceleration and deceleration.
It stops if you dip the clutch, so i'm just hoping that it's increased engine vibration / noise and is more noticeable in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This was the first time i've fitted the mounts myself.
Has anyone else come across this issue? the car will go into gear with ease and drives well as it did before but this new noise is giving me some concern.

RenaultSport Clio 182
When I put the Ktec mounts on mine it made all the noises more noticeable that were already there. The whine in my case was the power steering pump but it certainly wasn't faint.

'10 Clio200
I had that supercharger noise when I fitted the gr.N top gearbox mount in the valver. It's the noise the gearbox makes, hence why when you dip clutch you don't hear it any more

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
When I put the Ktec mounts on mine it made all the noises more noticeable that were already there. The whine in my case was the power steering pump but it certainly wasn't faint.
Cheers for the heads up, that's something i'll look into.
I had that supercharger noise when I fitted the gr.N top gearbox mount in the valver. It's the noise the gearbox makes, hence why when you dip clutch you don't hear it any more
This is my thinking too. I'm praying it's not got a fault in it though as the car is set to get a turbo fitted in a weeks time lol. Would be terrible timing.

So I have just fitted a KTEC uprated engine mount and upper gear box mount, i've had them before so was expecting the increased vibration which I mostly get at idle, but there is a strange and very faint high pitch (almost like a supercharger. LOL ) whining noise now coming from the front of the car under acceleration and deceleration.
It stops if you dip the clutch, so i'm just hoping that it's increased engine vibration / noise and is more noticeable in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This was the first time i've fitted the mounts myself.
Has anyone else come across this issue? the car will go into gear with ease and drives well as it did before but this new noise is giving me some concern.
I fitted the vibra technics gearbox mount and you could hear gearbox rotation noise go quiet when the clutch was pressed down I took it out and the noise went. That was when it was idling .

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted the vibra technics gearbox mount and you could hear gearbox rotation noise go quiet when the clutch was pressed down I took it out and the noise went. That was when it was idling .
Thanks mate, this is similar to what i'm experiencing. The car has never felt better since fitting them so i'm leaning towards this being the cause of the noise.