ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streamline carbon splitter... any good?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I previously had a K-Tec carbon splitter (wet-lay over fibreglass), but recently replaced it with the Streamline carbon (pre-preg) splitter.

The quality is fantastic, in my opinion. It's in two pieces too, left and right, so if you do damage it you can just replace one side. :)

They can take a little while to arrive (they quote up to 4 weeks iirc) but it's worth the wait.

Ollie's Silver Cup
You can see the weave and gloss in this photo. :)

6158669035_520658fcba_z.jpg

G

Gregor11

I've been to streamline (I live in northampton) their stuff is fantastic mate, you won't regret buying one!!

Ollie's Silver Cup
There's a tab on one side of the splitter, so you can easily get the join looking neat.

You can just about see the join in this photo;

6153679422_60ea953c50_z.jpg

ClioSport 172 CUP
Hey guys i now own streamlines 172 cup so yes i 'would' recommend one lol, but seriously they are very good got the number if you need it :D

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Alright m8, have u used the ns foglamp hole 4 ur intake? I was thinking bout doin that but i dont have any intake pipe from the airbox! Did u have 2 buy samco hose extention pipe or something lyk that?? As you can tell im clueless lol. Ps your clio looks lyk a nice example

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I have the streamline rear spoiler-really nice quality. Agree with the other comments, SC stuffs is fairly pricey :(

LY 182
Hey guys i now own streamlines 172 cup so yes i 'would' recommend one lol, but seriously they are very good got the number if you need it :D

Get some pics up. And look for a LY in Northampton as that'll be me hopefully! :race:

I've said it before but I'll say it again, if i was spending any money on carbon it would only be going to streamline. They are the only people to use proper carbon and not cheap wet lay crap.

inferno 182.
good quality stuff but ive rubbed mine down and re lacqured my fog surrounds but belive me im fussy!!!
still waiting for the splitter 5 weeks later but im sure it will be th same quality!
will be worth the wait mate as you cant buy better!

inferno 182.
wet lay looks just as good mate!!! just spent sunday with chris who does all your wet lay carbon stuff and kitted him out with a gun and all 2k products for a proper finish! was impressed with with the finish we got on the mirror covers! looks much better as lacqured then flatted and re lacqured so gives you so much depth!spitters yes streamline! interior chris on here!!!
I've said it before but I'll say it again, if i was spending any money on carbon it would only be going to streamline. They are the only people to use proper carbon and not cheap wet lay crap.

Some wet lay can look alright but 99% of what ive seen on here quite honestly i would be embaressed to have on my car. was chris the chap who did the full interior who is banned from selling on here? Pre preg or dont bother and unless you are using it for structual/extreme weight saving dont bother, carbon for looks = fail

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Splitter finally arrived this week.

The finish was alright but personally didnt like the fitment on the car. I wasnt happy paying £175 for something that IMO didnt fit correctly. So sent it back and went for a new OEM from Renault.

Renault one arrived in 2 days and fitted today, fits perfect. Job done, just wish id done that in the first place 6 weeks ago.

inferno 182.
who the hell are you?????
carbon for looks???= fail????
go to spec savers mate!
yozza = fail!
ive flatted all my streamline carbon and re done it!! not saying its bad!!!! its great!!!
chris does stuff to match now now hes using 2k products and you cant tell the difference!
Some wet lay can look alright but 99% of what ive seen on here quite honestly i would be embaressed to have on my car. was chris the chap who did the full interior who is banned from selling on here? Pre preg or dont bother and unless you are using it for structual/extreme weight saving dont bother, carbon for looks = fail

who the hell are you?????
carbon for looks???= fail????
go to spec savers mate!
yozza = fail!
ive flatted all my streamline carbon and re done it!! not saying its bad!!!! its great!!!
chris does stuff to match now now hes using 2k products and you cant tell the difference!

Ha I think you will find I am i carbon fibre laminator for a double championship winning f1 team I think you will find I know a thing or two about this topic.

inferno 182.
umm? where? maclaren??Im a paint sprayer and worked there for a while! to much paint and to heavey!!!got me there on the double champ winning side though!!! who?
Ha I think you will find I am i carbon fibre laminator for a double championship winning f1 team I think you will find I know a thing or two about this topic.

inferno 182.
clearly!!!! could have been benneton!:Drepainted my inferno 182 this weekend and fitted up today with all streamline and great quality but the fit aint great TBH!chris came down to give us a hand and i must admit he done some mirror covers and you cant tell the difference between them and streamline!

Yes indeed Red Bull, cant comment on the fit as I dont have any carbon (as you probably guessed) on my car, Is this Chris who did the wet lay interior if so it did look pretty decent (is he banned from selling on the fourm? ive not been here all that long so dont know what went on there). what I'm getting at is the people that sell carbon skinned parts that in all honesty resemble a back street abortion like http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...s-think-of-these&highlight=carbon+mirror+caps, this practice it just plain wrong, charging people over the odds for substandard parts not just this particular thread there are loads like it, in general when i see carbon skinned parts i am depressed and not impressed. Perhaps its just the nature of my work that has made me synical and picky (about the workmanship). One more thing wet lay resin is much more likely to 'yellow' from uv damage than prepreg resins, lacquer will slow this process down but wont prevent it.

GSXR + KDX220
you cant tell the difference between them and streamline!
Weigh it :)

Perhaps its just the nature of my work that has made me synical and picky (about the workmanship)
I too have this problem :( lol I do the same as you (albeit not for Red Bull) for a living and if Im honest the "mirror" thread did make me cringe a little :cry:

From the work I have seen Chris produce, I cant criticise him for great finish that has been produced ;)

Clio V6 255
Any photo's coming to this post?
Another interested carbon head, pre-preg, wet lay, skinning they all have there place. Depends on what your after!!! Weight save, cosmetic or structural.
Interestingly, I've had the wing mirror covers of SC and quality wise great but fit let them down. Fitted them a few times and never got a 'perfect fit'.
Also, I'm in the same business, I make the moulding tools for you guys ;-)

Black Gold Trophy

I have to agree tbh, most of the tat you see on here looks utter w**k. Distorted weave all over the place. The disadvantage of laminating a part as opposed to making a mould and making a proper carbon fibre part is that eventually the carbon will start to de-laminate from the original part.