ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid oil question!

Arctic 182
I'm due an oil change but can't afford to order it for another 12 days. I'm running quite low at the moment & am just wondering if it's worth going to Halfrauds & buying a litre to put in as a top up until I get the good stuff. Or will it be ok to leave as it is? It's between the notches on the dipstick but a fraction lower.

I didn't really think this was worth putting a thread up for but it's been worrying me!

Cheers.

Cup In bits
Its between the notches, don't worry a f**k until it goes below the minimum. Your going to change it in the mater of days and by the sounds of it, the money from that 1 litre of oil could be better spent somewhere else.

Arctic 182
Its between the notches, don't worry a f**k until it goes below the minimum. Your going to change it in the mater of days and by the sounds of it, the money from that 1 litre of oil could be better spent somewhere else.

As above, as long as it's above min don't worry about it!

Thanks for the advice guys. Just dipped it & it's pretty much on the bottom notch so might just chuck a litre in to be safe.
bu6uzepe.jpg
2a4yqahy.jpg

Excuse double post, can't get it to do one!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Don't just chuck a litre in, it'll probably end up being over filled. Over full, is probably just as bad as under! To be fair, I would leave it. It looks about 1/4 above the min mark to me.