ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub Keeps Moving Help

197 cup
Any 1 got any suggestions for me to stop my sub from moving about the boot all the time. Ive heard that using velcro may help but does any 1 have any other idea cheers

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
i used a mini football to wedge the box in means you can get a kick about when ever you want too:cool:

My sub is screwed in the back of rear seats and sits on top of the plastic thing at bottom so if i need to change wheel i still can, win.

koi

Audi S1
Be better making an mdf floor and screwing it down, wouldn't fancy a flying sub in an accident

monaco 172
Any 1 got any suggestions for me to stop my sub from moving about the boot all the time. Ive heard that using velcro may help but does any 1 have any other idea cheers

its the only way to do it. i stappled it to the box and carpet hasnt moved once. make sure you get 50mm stuff

S23

The Cleee-O
I've got rachet straps going to the isofix bar on mine, bright orange and it doesn't move an ounce :) lol

Listerine & Poledo
I've got an MDF boot-floor with straps passed through it around the sub.

works a treat

Also need to secure mine somehow, it's heavy and doesn't move about much (sits on the righ tof the boot above spare wheel) but it's quite a weight not to be secured in an accident.
Whats the best way to secure it wihtout causing too much bother getting at the spare? tah

Listerine & Poledo
Also need to secure mine somehow, it's heavy and doesn't move about much (sits on the righ tof the boot above spare wheel) but it's quite a weight not to be secured in an accident.
Whats the best way to secure it wihtout causing too much bother getting at the spare? tah

My MDF floor is a 2-piece design, I can lift out the piece over the spare wheel without moving the sub at all. If you keep the margins tight then carpetting will keep both pieces together, or get some clips to keep things in place.

My MDF floor is a 2-piece design, I can lift out the piece over the spare wheel without moving the sub at all. If you keep the margins tight then carpetting will keep both pieces together, or get some clips to keep things in place.

Ah thats a great idea! Do you have any pics of it? thanks

Listerine & Poledo
Ah thats a great idea! Do you have any pics of it? thanks

not right now, sorry.

Earliest would be over the weekend, dont get home before the night closes in.

It's not a tough one tho.
use boot carpet as a template, cut using jigsaw,
slice into sections,
cut out strap holes on section you want for the sub.
Carpet both sections
then fit, either with out without original carpet. If with the original carpets you can velcro the mdf to the carpet if you like?

PH1 iceburg
I started with industrial velcro, worked well. I ended up making a falsse floor cutting around the base of the box and it never moved. Wood only cost about a fiver from b&Q, just asked for any big bits of scrap.

not right now, sorry.

Earliest would be over the weekend, dont get home before the night closes in.

It's not a tough one tho.
use boot carpet as a template, cut using jigsaw,
slice into sections,
cut out strap holes on section you want for the sub.
Carpet both sections
then fit, either with out without original carpet. If with the original carpets you can velcro the mdf to the carpet if you like?

Sounds great, thtas prob how i'll go about it. thanks

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Velcro, or a very thick double sided tape, but this doesnt work if you intend on taking sub in and out of the car, another option would be get a twin sub and the extra weight keeps the box in place.