ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunset shots of the Astra

Motorbikes
Was an awesome night last night so got a couple of pics of the Astra whilst it was clean and in the sunset ;)

IMG_2356tweaked.jpg

IMG_2354tweaked.jpg

320d
looks good, prefare the sport hatch imo but still a fine looking machine.

What power is it running? standard or mapped?

320d
Yeh the 16v cdti's remap very well. It must fly, well judging by the astra 888 feature on 5th gear, your car will be almost as quick as a vxr, just not quite. Obviously the 888 will handle better than yours but straight line speed your there.

How do these handle by the way, presuming much better than a 1.2 16v clio, its an upgrade i'm considering next year.

Motorbikes
Nice figures!

The car has nice numbers too ;)

Yeh the 16v cdti's remap very well. It must fly, well judging by the astra 888 feature on 5th gear, your car will be almost as quick as a vxr, just not quite. Obviously the 888 will handle better than yours but straight line speed your there.

How do these handle by the way, presuming much better than a 1.2 16v clio, its an upgrade i'm considering next year.

Rolling start, I've pissed on a VXR ;) .... the last one I habbled with was less than amused. My mate with a Scooby STi wont race me 30-80 incase I beat him lol. The T8/T9 CDTi is essentially the same with Eibach springs, Magnex zorst, brake upgrade and an RDS twin map (power is switchable via the sport button) unlike mine where its 197bhp permanantly.

I had a 1.2 16v before this too. Handling is ok for a 'bigger' car, its certainly not as 'chuckable' though as the Clio was.

Motorbikes
Drove up from Santa Pod (400 miles) and averaged 46mpg at a steady 70-80 with a blast over the last 35 miles ;) With a steady right foot can average well into the 50mpg.

Edit....

Some other numbers for the geeks...
0-60: high 6 sec.
30-80: quick
Top speed: 140+

Ahh, the car that MOFO should have bought, did he listen though ?? Nah:rolleyes:

Figures are nice, a lot of torque there !

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Some other numbers for the geeks...
0-60: high 6 sec.
30-80: quick
Top speed: 140+

you sure on that 0-60? - sounds very very very optimistic in my eyes.
considering standard is 8.6 secs id be very surprised if your in high 7secs never mind high 6secs.

also 'book' top end is 129mph. so be surprised at that one as well.

Inevitably it will be quicker with the tuning box, but having arsed around with my own diesel bus it might feel quick cause of the torque and all that, but i know mine defo aint high 6secs for 0-60 probably bang on 8 as you have to go into 3rd which f***s it. So ill stick with my high 7s gut feel.

think yuour over egging your claims a little too much.

Motorbikes
I'm quite sure on the 0-60, definatly sub 7...had a wee go myself, cars got a stopwatch in it.

Top speed, typo there I think lol. Clock said 140, more like 135 I dunno. Being a Vauxhall could be anything! Its touched 147 on the speedo.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
all the vids iv seen on the 150 cdti lump need 3rd as well which negates the possibility of it hitting 60 below 7 secs. However i do know that the sport button increases the boost or some shite so i dont know if that would be enough to drag it over the 60 in 2nd.

Just find it hard to believe a simple CRD2 tuning box will shave off 1.7 secs off the 0-60 times and add 12-17mph to top speed.
I certainly wouldnt make as strong or blase claims on the meg and its putting out more power + torque (216 + 342).

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
diesels are rapid as fook now, always love driving the meggy 175 at work

Motorbikes
The sport button just increases throttle reponse and sharpens up turn in (and stiffens suspension if you have IDS+ which I sadly don't have).

The car is 'supposed' to be limited but plenty have gone past it.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
The sport button just increases throttle reponse and sharpens up turn in (and stiffens suspension if you have IDS+ which I sadly don't have).

The car is 'supposed' to be limited but plenty have gone past it.

aye heard some pisch about hitting a limiter at 4k in 6th - f**k that.
why the f**k would anyone want to do that?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Meh, I'm fed up of diesels, plumes of black soot everywhere and sounds like a massey ferguson.

Next car will defo be a petrol with circa 300HP ;)