ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Just like to say my ktec supercharged 172 cup is still going strong after 5 months of hard use.No clutch problems no gearbox problems!!!!!!Just a big smile on my face every time I drive it.

182 Turbo Project
Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Only a matter of time.

I jest! Any vids mate? Considering something like this myself, either this or itb's hmmmmm

mso

172 cup supercharged
Just go for it you won't be disappointed as for vids I'll sort some out.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Yes the power is so smooth all the way through the rev range my car has done 63000 miles now about 4000 with the kit fitted and no slipping

mso

172 cup supercharged
Ring up Ktec and talk to Sean he will give you a price apart from the kit the rest of the engine is standard apart from matched inlets exhaust and de cat pipe

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
have they changed to the megane 225/230 crank pulley now then?

TBH mate I think this will be standard issue on all these conversions especially after all the failures thats happend recently, even I've did it to mine just to be safe :)

Get some graphs up then mate, seems to be loads of 200bhp+ clios out there now but very few dyno graphs? I wouldn't mind comparing them against mine just to see how much smoother it really is.

big boost cup
what else have you done to get that power i have matched inlets and de cat with 2.5" exhaust. and im happy with my 231hp but why have you got more, are you still running standard internals or not.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wish i could say the same about my sc 172 cup :(.
please explain...if you've had issue's I'd love to know what and from which company.

I've been seriously considering this conversion for a long time, I thought it would be great on the trophy then I read a few horror stories of belts snapping and taking the engine with it....

My car was done a few weeks before mso. The bottom pulley has been the killer of 99% of the sc clios not the belts snapping. Pulley slips and its good bye 16 valves.... and thats if your lucky. A £30/£40 megane 225 pulley stops it happening.
But its all being fixed for free.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That's great news. Who was the company k-tec or Rs tuning? Maybe put a piece in the traders section, it may seem as bad press but atleast its good feedback for future customers and the fact they're doing it for free is also a great thing.

To anyone in the know, would it be worth putting a megane 225 pulley on a standard engine just to be safe?

lift number 1 @ btm
It's only really a problem with supercharged cars, the rotrex needs something like 30bhp to run, which is coming from the belt driven by the crank pulley.

mso

172 cup supercharged
It's running on standard internals but all RR are different so Im not bothered what bhp it says it is!! End of the day it's how it goes after the kit has been fitted to the car I bet if everyone put there cars on a RR most will be disappointed as they will get a real world figure!!

mso

172 cup supercharged
what else have you done to get that power i have matched inlets and de cat with 2.5" exhaust. and im happy with my 231hp but why have you got more, are you still running standard internals or not.

Is your car SC

Countryman JCW
Love seeing threads like this..... Good on ya mso for a trouble free conversion thus far!

Have you by any chance had a play with any SC Civic Type R's? or anyone else with a turbo or sc conversion on their clio? The Jackson Racing Supercharger kit is very popular on the Civic by the looks of things these days. I was at Long Marston airfield the other week and alot of the Civics there had them, seemed to run very respectable times.

big boost cup
yeah it is supercharged. i am more than happy with it as it goes like stink now. but i just wanted to know how we have such a large gap between bhp. as i had mine done at the same place as you same car and rollers n that

Status
Not open for further replies.