ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW E36 328i Sport
All a matter of opinion some people would want an m3 for the looks etc but others would like a s/c Clio wolf in sheep's clothing type car.

mso

172 cup supercharged
yeah it is supercharged. i am more than happy with it as it goes like stink now. but i just wanted to know how we have such a large gap between bhp. as i had mine done at the same place as you same car and rollers n that
Depends on the day I had 2 done 1 using inlet temp for the result that was 255 the other run used the air temp from the front of the car this gave 247bhp but again it's not about figures it's how the car goes once the kit has been fitted. I'm not bothered about the figures I know what the car goes like and I'm more than happy with it.

MCS R56
Any fool can go out and buy a quick car but not many can build a quick one

True.

Would rather be the fool in the 'bought' car passing the fool in their 'built' car, broken down at the side of the road! Each to their own, I guess.

What's the issue with the pulley then?

What's different with the Megane one?

As already mentioned really - because the crank pulley isn't keywayed the charger puts a comparatively huge strain on it, all SC clios with a non keywayed lower crank pulley & shaft are a ticking bomb, I know of six cars now where this has happened. It's a very, very flawed design.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Any fool can go out and buy a quick car but not many can build a quick one

But any fool can buy a slow car and pay a company to build them a quick car.

All down to personal opinion on what type of car you like.

320d
But any fool can buy a slow car and pay a company to build them a quick car.

All down to personal opinion on what type of car you like.

Took the words out of my mouth. Giving RST or Ktec £4K and them doing it for you isn't building a car. Doing it yourself however is.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Took the words out of my mouth. Giving RST or Ktec £4K and them doing it for you isn't building a car. Doing it yourself however is.
Why could you do it yourself then!!!! I should have come to you instead and saved some money!!!!!!!

mso

172 cup supercharged
You still going for stage 2? or has it all gone quiet on the 400bhp SC front now?

b**chy!!!!! My clio is my second car it's my toy I'll be using it mainly for track days next year all the work has now been done ie sc, coil overs brakes etc. I'm no 18 year old (wish I was) so spending money on it isn't a problem, in the new year I will be going for forged engine etc already spoke to Ktec should be around the 360 to 380 bhp

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
b**chy!!!!! My clio is my second car it's my toy I'll be using it mainly for track days next year all the work has now been done ie sc, coil overs brakes etc. I'm no 18 year old (wish I was) so spending money on it isn't a problem, in the new year I will be going for forged engine etc already spoke to Ktec should be around the 360 to 380 bhp

Woah, off your high horse sunshine, you stated previously you were going to stage 2 your SC clio (if anyone knows what a stage 2 SC kit is please pm me ;)) I was just enquiring to see if you were still doing it.

My reference about 400bhp SC clios is to do with all the bollox that was spouted when they first came on the scene, everyone was banging on about how crap turbo's were and how SC was the future yet 2 years down the line still nothing.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Woah, off your high horse sunshine, you stated previously you were going to stage 2 your SC clio (if anyone knows what a stage 2 SC kit is please pm me ;)) I was just enquiring to see if you were still doing it.

My reference about 400bhp SC clios is to do with all the bollox that was spouted when they first came on the scene, everyone was banging on about how crap turbo's were and how SC was the future yet 2 years down the line still nothing.
Stage 2 would be forged engine etc and i ain't your sunshine;)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
At least someone will have the torque.

So 400hp - is it not a bit pointless in a FWD Clio?

The short answer is no, 400bhp in a front wheel drive it isn't pointless. It all comes down to how it's mapped and the way the power is delivered. From personal experience my old Revo'd Ibiza TDi was much more of a pig than my clio despite the clio running more torque and bhp

Last edited:
  Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Stage 2 would be forged engine etc and i ain't your sunshine;)

Well just lowering the comp and running the same SC speed etc... isn't really gonna gain you anything. I'd take a long hard look at whats been done with SC kits before you go wasting a load of cash stripping and rebuilding your engine only to be left pretty disapointed.

MCS R56
Surely even a nice, smooth power delivery will still overwhelm the front wheels until high speeds? Obviously, above 100 it will be devastating but 1st, 2nd & 3rd, maybe 4th will be spinning the fronts up.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Well just lowering the comp and running the same SC speed etc... isn't really gonna gain you anything. I'd take a long hard look at whats been done with SC kits before you go wasting a load of cash stripping and rebuilding your engine only to be left pretty disapointed.
Ktec are already doing 360 plus bhp sc Clio's

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Those that have spent the money will of course say it's not pointless. But Fwd, rwd, whatever. More than double the power that the chassis was designed for, and issues will occur.

You'll be able to use the power on the straights. In the corners it won't make you any quicker.

Over driven a Sc 172. If I won the lottery, I still wouldn't bother. But that's my opinion.

MCS R56
It doesn't make sense to me - I'd just buy the Evo and be done with it but I guess nothing ventured...

£4K though...FPMSL!

mso

172 cup supercharged
Those that have spent the money will of course say it's not pointless. But Fwd, rwd, whatever. More than double the power that the chassis was designed for, and issues will occur.

You'll be able to use the power on the straights. In the corners it won't make you any quicker.

Over driven a Sc 172. If I won the lottery, I still wouldn't bother. But that's my opinion.
Have you been in one yet!!! Yes with the extra power you need to upgrade the suspension brakes etc but I'm not being funny you need to go in one first then post your view

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
and how much do fq400's swap hands for? I've humped loads of evo's there not that special

MSO- I look forward to seeing this 360+ SC clio just did both a CS and google search and couldn't find anything so must be a top secret project. Think I'll turn the boost up on mine should see me over 400bhp :D

2.2 bar shed.
Still rather be in a slow Evo than a fast Clio come the snow. Over 600% more fun to be had in an Evo I heard...

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Strange when Ben Stevo was moving over to an Evo he posted up about his SC clio on MLR, almost everyone said he should keep his clio as they were miles more fun than an Evo, but hey what would they know

MCS R56
and how much do fq400's swap hands for? I've humped loads of evo's there not that special

MSO- I look forward to seeing this 360+ SC clio just did both a CS and google search and couldn't find anything so must be a top secret project. Think I'll turn the boost up on mine should see me over 400bhp :D

What does the price matter if you'll pay four grand for a SC! And good for you - means a lot!

MCS R56
Strange when Ben Stevo was moving over to an Evo he posted up about his SC clio on MLR, almost everyone said he should keep his clio as they were miles more fun than an Evo, but hey what would they know

Wow, did they?

mso

172 cup supercharged

Speak to Sean at Ktec he will tell you what they are doing!!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
...... and there was me hoping to actually get some useful information about SC'ing...

Usual CS bitching :dapprove:

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Not really bitching mate just the usual banter that goes with any form of tuning, you have the people who've never been anywhere near a forced induction clio and those that have. Unfortunatley the former seem to think they know more than the later.

If you want the in's and out's on SC'ing phone Sean at Ktec sounds like they have a beast in the making, just hope the figures are more accurate than on the 300bhp turbo conversion.

Right I'm off guys think I'll head over to cupra.net and start commenting on the tuning scene over there, yeah I know I have a clio but I used to have a SEAT, LOL@GAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.