ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged MK1 F4R track car project

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Re: Mk1 Hybrid rebuild

Progress from this weekend.

Stripped it, cleaned it and masked it up.

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

In primer!

DSC00178.jpg

YeeeeeHaaaaaaw!

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183-1.jpg

Repaired arch with filler after it had been welded.

DSC00184.jpg

Paint goes on!

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186-1.jpg

DSC00187-1.jpg

DSC00188-1.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Ph1 manual sunroof.

DSC00191.jpg

To do.

Finish spraying the rest of the shell.
Paint subframe black.
Spray boot and doors.

BMW M5 & E36

Awesome work Nathan/Danny, look forward to seeing this done so I can have a nosey sometime :D

Can I book mine in for a respray sometime soon?!

Coming along very well, nice work. I was going to say that I thought I recognised the car, then I saw it was Toms old one.

Good stuff.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Ok. todays progress.
The shell is sprayed Red.

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

Here it is roughly assembled with the parts previously sprayed.

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

Trophy #473

The Phone pictures dont really do it justice tbh. Doors and boot will be sprayed when I get round to it one evening this week, car is going back to Dannys house now to have the engine fitted and the rest of the car put back together. Will be spraying the interior at a later date once the cage has been fitted. The paint work will need flatting down and polishing up in places but over all its pretty good concidering.

I will be spraying the bump strips in the bumpers and all other plastics parts in a textured black paint to resemble the original plastic as being 17 years old the original plastic were very fadded and grey. Subframe also got painted black (as it was orange)

top job.

the uber-quick turn around time is also noted. for those that know nathanh, this is even more impressive.

this car is epic. i like Hondas, never owned a Renault, so for me say that is a true statement of how good this car was, is, and is gonna be... 10/10 thus far :)

this was one of my fave clios after this pic:

BeachClio.jpg

and these updates are looking even better! keep up the god work, cant wait to see it finished.

Ha in these pictures it looks so much like your old orange one, especially after you scraped it lol, think i may have to go see it one night at ACE's residence.
Oh yeah and i love the fact that in one of the pics Nathan is spraying in his saturday night out clothes lol.

ITB'd 182...

Ah....Thought i recognised the plate on the Beach pic.

Good progress though fella!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Ah....Thought i recognised the plate on the Beach pic.

Good progress though fella!

The only things I need to buy now are the wheels and a few bits of trim.

Need to find a 15x7 2118 to try out over my brembos to see if it will clear first, before I buy them!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Todays update:

Spoiler and mirror caps sprayed. Also got some Textured paint that replicates the standard plastic finish. So all black parts are being painted with this.

DSC00250.jpg

Trophy Turini and R888 fittedto see how it looks;)

DSC00253.jpg

Boot sprayed

DSC00249.jpg

Last edited:
  Trophy #473

The Turninis do look pretty good on it, but thinking they are a little big, so 15" 2118s would look perfect! Should be running by this weekend but thats down to danny, he does the mechanical shizzle, I just chuck some paint at it.

Trophy #473

Update.

Its been a while. Recently refurbed turbines fitted... I still havnt sprayed the doors for Danny yet because im lazy...

IMG_0008.jpg

172 cup

looking very good. After meeting you briefly last night Nath Im fairly certain the valver will be coming your way to have arches done next year.