ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged MK1 F4R track car project

Black Clio GT
Re: Mk1 Hybrid rebuild

awesome car and awesome work.
look forward to seeing the finished pics with roll cage in etc.....

Trophy #473

Dannys 22nd birthday present from me :)

You saw it here first!

Twingo 'Power Pedals', Pause - Stop - Play

29888_388252086701_513636701_379795.jpg

Last edited:
  SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

I was going to take a better picture tonight but that one will do. Cheers dude!

E36 328

Wow i love those pedals i want some :D

Has it got an mot? They wont pass cos u need rubber on the brake and clutch :S

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LOL @ that being an MOT failure.

80-90% of hot hatches/performance cars have metal pedals.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Got some R-trips!

trips.jpg

My 2118's should be here sometime next week hopefully.

Can't wait!

Trophy #473

Last night Danny and I spend a few hours sorting the loom. Danny purchased a new loom (ph2) as we thought the 'cup spec' ph1 loom was fubar'd.
We fitted the new loom only to find that alot less worked and some connectors are differnt than on the cut down ph1! Certain parts worked on the ph2 that didnt on the ph1 so I spent ages tracking and copying wires that worked on the ph2 onto the ph1 and managed to get the ph1 working bar the hazard switch (even tho the indicators work and the relay 'ticks') and the ignition lights but the fuel pump primes and the starter turns so we know it will run!

Just need to sort the roof loom and both door looms for the central locking (doors are de-locked) and the wiring is done!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Loving this! just seen it now. I was planning on gettin 2118's, so get them fitted so i can see what they look like :D

Trophy #473

Not sure tbh, 2 weeks, It can be done!

Things I think need doing

fitting the seats but I think one of the frames is slightly bent
Brake lines to the rear need connecting
O/S brake pipe needs making up (master to braided hose section)
door looms fitting and testing to see if central locking works
Still waiting on wheels from Speedline! been told the 7th of june
front polycarbs need seculy fixing inside the door
2 lower window seals and windcreen seal
bleed brakes when the lines are done
Coolant system needs connecting and a pipe made up to loop the heater matix pipes

Thats pretty much it to get it roadworthy...

Trophy #473

Bit of an update, no pics sadly

All the brake lines are connected up, 1.2 heat shield on which looks a million times better than the 16v one! Also because danny has got rid of the heater matrix hes running a 1.2 header tank and one of the outlets on the head has been blocked up. Water system has been filled and only had a slight leak but all fixed. Loom to be fitted back in, sparks out, crank over to get pressure, sparks back in, FIRE IT UP! all window seals back in.

All thats needed now:

Connect brake vacume pipe and tidy a few clips and wires up.
Sercure front polycarbs.
Bleed brakes.
Wheels.
Seats.
Tax, MOT and insurance.

DONE!

Wont be ready for Rockingham on the 14th but deffinatly Cadwell on the 7th of July.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Thanks for posting the pics nath! Should have my trips fitted tomorrow and then I'll get them on the car and see how it looks. Can't wait! :cool:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Crumbs I can't believe I am about to say I don't like those wheels on that!

I'd be running the std turbines all the time personally - I think the 6.5j would suit it better too.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Crumbs I can't believe I am about to say I don't like those wheels on that!

I'd be running the std turbines all the time personally - I think the 6.5j would suit it better too.

Have to agree on the wheels, Looks so good on the Turbines, dont think the wheels suit it at all :(

Trophy #473

Car moved under its own power for the first time in nearly 2 years!

Also the wheels now fit further inside the arches after a bit of fiddling, very similar width to 1*2 track now. Car makes brilliant pressure, currently running on my old valvers ECU as Danny has 'misplaced' his remaped williams one so is a bit lumpy... but sounds epic! Danny also got annoyed with people messing him about trying to buy some 2nd hand rear calipers so splashed out on brand new ones! Typical Danny tbh

Only a few details to sort out now, pictures to follow!