ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharger?

Focus RS Mk1
rotrex's require an oil change every 10k miles. only need one litre of traction fluid, which retails for around £60.

depending on if they are over revved then they will void there warranty immeditaly, this is all dependant on pulley sizes etc!

I ran a sp30/74 which seized due to an oil hoze coming sperated :( but i also ran a c30/74 and over revved it massivly and never had any problems. with lots of track time under its belt too.

Rotrex are the best chargers on the market imo. Would never hesitate to fit one over any charger. We had a Vts over on the Saxo sports club that was runnig with the same c30/74 charger, running 272bhp @ wheels. 1.6 16v.

I'll be uber interested to see this conversion. Had a rotrex on both of my supercharged Saxo's and was so impressed with them, these enable any car to be an absolute weapon, restricting them is so easy too.

So many advantages of rotrex's over other chargers, size, efficeincy, power output, oil supply etc etc!

Last edited:
what will the torque be on a 300bhp supercharged clio?
is the torque available from as low as 3krevs like a turbo?

Depending on the spec you have it in, it'll have as much torque at 2500-3000rpm as a stock engine does peak.

Peak torque will depend what output level you want and the size of the restrictor you run (rpm point of peak output will change with restrictor size), but you can be looking at upto 250lb.ft of torque.

The best way i can explain it is that it drives like a really really big NA engine. Because the torque curve is the result of the square root of rpm output (chargers airflow potential increases with the root), the drive is extreemly linear and far easier to control than a turbo.

RS RIP
this charger will be next on the list ; nice mod to look out to + start saving up for! All sounds to good to be true :approve: reliabel high power and gearbox friendly :cool:

raw striker
as ben has said, keeping aircon can be done but it will add bracket costs. ive done this just because i fancied the challenge and wanted to see if i could do it..not for a markatable kit (but if in the future if some people show interest then we can look at making some. but for the moment im just making a one off and fitting it to a suitably supplied guini pigs car. which we have already found :)

not rushing this though as im doing it all in my spare time.

but yes..anything is possible.

Last edited:
  raw striker
time will tell.

ahhhh who am i kiddin.. yes it will be bloody ace!

payment for time spent making brackets will be payable in the form of seat time on track! lol

raw striker
really must get a camera with a decent focus. lol

blur.jpg

182 cup
some businesses take forever on email reply and/or delivery.. even when already payed.

That’s okay if I was a buddhist, I would be reincarnated and have another lifetime to enjoy the fruits of Mr Bens hard work but I’m not, two thirds of my predicted life expectancy have gone, percentage wise its not looking good.:slap:

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
Peter, whats the story with this?
I was talking to Mase on OzRS about superchargers the other day so i hunted down this thread.

PK did you get the charger landed down under?

Paul, Ben: is this kit ready to buy and be delivered in Aus?

182 cup
Peter, whats the story with this?
I was talking to Mase on OzRS about superchargers the other day so i hunted down this thread.

PK did you get the charger landed down under?

Paul, Ben: is this kit ready to buy and be delivered in Aus?

putting my neck on the block here, apparently all the hardware is done, so it's possible that there is a problem with mapping the ecu.

Can't see why anybody would be holding onto a product if its ready to ship with there being a demand, all be it small, plus gdi will have there supercharger out before long which will reduce the market.

above is just an opinion

Lionel Richie
i know you're narked off a bit, but if its rushed and the map causes your engine to go pop you'll be even more narked off

plus the test car is a cable throttle, so from what i hear on the grapevine a bit of swapping bits over has been going on

182 cup
i know you're narked off a bit, but if its rushed and the map causes your engine to go pop you'll be even more narked off

plus the test car is a cable throttle, so from what i hear on the grapevine a bit of swapping bits over has been going on

ello ferd

it won't go pop:nono: as there's a motec in the car.:D

182 cup
Famous last words :) make sure the assumed defaults are set correctly on it. Seen a few with them full of zero's which if you lose MAP only means one thing!

Cheers
M

thanks for the info much appreciated, will check when i get back next month.:(

what should the assumed defaults be set at. (pretty please)

isn't it about time your 2 went to bed!!

SQ5
So you've given money and received nothing? I'd be on the blower to some lawyers TBH!

Also contact Paul at RSTuning for S/c

182 cup
So you've given money and received nothing? I'd be on the blower to some lawyers TBH!

Also contact Paul at RSTuning for S/c

TBH by the time the lawyers have finished i'll be skint, Bens aware of this
so i guess he thinks he's safe.

MK1 monster
bens ripped off someone else now? when will this guy get a life and work hard like most of us do instead of robbing people blind.