ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

superchips.co.uk - you may be interested...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
just been looking on the site, and it says for a 182 clio, they can add an extra 10bhp onto the original power, which would take it to 192! ( im good at maths me!)

anyone been to them for one??

pepsi69 said:
just been looking on the site, and it says for a 182 clio, they can add an extra 10bhp onto the original power, which would take it to 192! ( im good at maths me!)

Dont bother if its one of them stupid fuel increase cheapo s**t things

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
im not going to do it, only adds 2bhp to my car!
just thought i'd post it up because ive read many people wanting to get over the 200bhp barrier, so thought it might interest someone!

i use the site for seeing what a cars original bhp is, and thought id see what a chip does to a 182.
i think they are a genuine company though, seen them at the motorshow and seemed like a proper set up.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
not sure what id prefer if i had a 182, 10bhp or watch someone eat their own head!!!lol

Lionel Richie
there marketing department are a bit "over enthusiastic" but there's nothing wrong with superchips

M135i
theduckeatspork said:
:rolleyes: Superchips=sh*te

cant agree there mate. had them do my old megane 1.9dci via OBD, i got a 26bhp increase as indicated and a very healthy increase in torque. maybe they are overpriced a little but as fred said, nothing wrong with them.

jimbo666 said:
cant agree there mate. had them do my old megane 1.9dci via OBD, i got a 26bhp increase as indicated and a very healthy increase in torque. maybe they are overpriced a little but as fred said, nothing wrong with them.

i can only talk from my experience of them on a st170, and the map was shite, and the service was shite

the tuners near me said they basically download the superchip base program into the oem ecu. they could remap further to the mods on the car too. so it's not really off the self isnt it?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i got my 172 superchipped, took about 30 mins they just program it with a new map, sometimes makes my revs go to 8k,depending on air flow and temp, apart from that i didn't really notice much difference.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
pepsi69 said:

Your maths is crap,lol. The 182 hs 179BHP not 182 ;)

Give Paul Murray a call or buy a Group N ECU,i have and there is a nice increase i feel

Racing Blue 182
got the mini one done by them, and that did increase the power by loads. Buts that due to the way the ecu is ''de-tuned'' when made

172 cup TT
my Superchip is great on my cup - a real improvement.. but i have a feeling it needs something else doing to the car too to make it not break things after a couple of years as i think its the reason my 1st engine went and maybe now my 2nd that could be on its way out too..

racing182 said:
got the mini one done by them, and that did increase the power by loads. Buts that due to the way the ecu is ''de-tuned'' when made

mini one is a special case as, as you said its detuned. by chiping it you turn the engine into a mini-cooper :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
^^^ correct

Instant 30hp with a remap on a NASP!

Wish they were all like this

I have heard superchips maps described as tuning for girls/babies hence they offer warranty!

^^not my own words ;)

Paul

BMW M4; S1000 RR
theduckeatspork said:
mini one is a special case as, as you said its detuned. by chiping it you turn the engine into a mini-cooper :)

Not quite...

There's a few other differences between those cars. Quite a few infact.

The main dealers (there's 2 in manchester) is where it happens, they do the live maps there too, and they are damn good at what they do.

But yes, 10bhp on a revving NA car is a tad optimistic I think. It will give gains, that you can be sure, just don't expect 10hp.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
I think it is 10BHP increase in the mid range but at the top you will get 1 or 2. I think that is what people confuse! adding 10 to the top!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
almaghrbi said:
I think it is 10BHP increase in the mid range but at the top you will get 1 or 2. I think that is what people confuse! adding 10 to the top!

That's unlikely aswell..

The measurement of bhp is always the peak, otherwise what's the point?

It will definately give it a bit more bottom end, and generally smooth the power band out a bit, but it for £300 take it from 182 to 192... Doubtful..

R

rich[182]

16v_jon said:

To be fair that link on it's own doesnt exactly strike confidence with me, must have taken 5 mins to knock that up, luckily there are many people on here that can vouch for great service and great results

On the other hand the superchips website looks good but many people left disappointed

Nothings clearcut with all this mapping stuff

cliokhunt said:

Not quite...

i didnt say there isnt other differences, but I have always been led to believe that the only difference between the engines themselves is the map that they run.

cliokhunt said:

Not quite...

i didnt say there isnt other differences, but I have always been led to believe that the only difference between the engines themselves is the map that they run.

The differences from 172 to 182 are different intake manifold (not huge chnage just different) also 4-2-1 exhaust manifold better sportier cat and exhaust setup different mapping and intake kit.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
almaghrbi said:

That's unlikely aswell..

The measurement of bhp is always the peak, otherwise what's the point?

It will definately give it a bit more bottom end, and generally smooth the power band out a bit, but it for £300 take it from 182 to 192... Doubtful..

Not unlikely at all! The mapper will claim peak increase not necessarily gain at peak engine output.

Gains are easy, safe reliable gains are far harder. Yet to get an answer from the so-called mappers on here weather they fit a wideband and check A/F on road.

Superchips will no doubt give some form of gains and safely. Easy to get more out but would you trust them?