ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swap my v6 for a 197?

v6
Seen one in red with stickers? and a silver one but after seein the silver in the metal its out for sure it really does look poor in that colour.

Clio 172 cup
Yes and no

Yes because, its more practical, better on fuel, cheaper tax, insurance, running costs, more seats, rear tyres will last 2 years not 2 months, both cars are worth about the same, recaro seats in the 197 are the best seats in the world ever, who wants a V6 in the current climate??

No because in 5 years time v6 will be worth alot more than the 197,In 25 years time the V6 will be worth twice what it is now, look at the renault 5 mid engined turbos!!!!! V6 will always be one of the best looking cars on the road, 197 looks mildly Gay

just my 2p

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It depends on your circumstances, if you need the extra seats and room etc then it's a given. But if your changing because of changings sake, then no way would I swap. V6 is a million times more desirable.

LY R26
depends what your needing doesnt it.
V6 is always going to be one of those wow factor cars, and you might regret gettig rid of it in the end.

yes the v6 is quicker than the 197/182s but not by a great amount.

i had a play with a red 1 and a corsa vxr and we both left the corsa then he pulled away from me

id rather hav a v6 tho

v6
Do you get the emense cup packs on the 197? I have dusted off a few of them now most of them drivin by young lads or c***s that think they are better than everything else on the road! I think im convincing myself now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lets see some pics of said Vee, i wouldnt if it were me.

Dont get me wrong if you need to financially then its not a bad side step (i wouldnt say its a step down because the 197's are fantastic cars tbh)

Evo
The best thing you could do with a V6 is chuck a sheet over it and keep it stored away for years.
In 10 or 20 years time its gonna be one of them all time great classics like an Rs200.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
as said it depends why you wanna swap, if you need the room then do it but i wouldnt have a 197 over my vee, not many cars i would tbh

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Never ever ever. Vee's are special. 197 is just a good car

Engles Mummy
You dont deserve to carry the name of a V6 OWNER with that attitude punk! I doubt you even have one to behonest.

AJ

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Vee everytime, you would properly get more MPG too. Ive only driven one vee but that was amazing. The 197 does nothing for me.

Da

Less
As said, depends on personal circumstances.

If you need more family space/rear doors etc then the 225 is probably a better bet than the 197.

If I didn't need 4/5 seats I would definitely have the Vee over either of the above cars.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It is a mk1 or mk2?

I'd have the vee any day! Whilst the 197 isn't a bad car. It's about as special as a day in matalan!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Matalan lolmk1 in blue so pretty rare!

I know another fag with a blue mk1! ;)

Even more reason to keep tbh! The mk1 doesn't do huge ammounts for me on looks, but compared to the 172/182/197 it's a no brainer to keep!

I ponder over selling mine...But after about 11seconds i slap myself and say no!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
too slow for what they are and at the end of the day its a clio! a normal clio will suffice and buy another toy a proper car

197 is slower?! And a 197 is slow...If your worried about performance buy an Evo :S

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
id have a vee over a 197 if i could get insured i would of had a mk2 vee instead of my 182. keep it fool