ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syptoms of an engine misfire?

172 MKII FF
As the title says.

I've read a few things on here but wondered exactly how to pin-point an engine misfire.

What causes it?
Any tell tale signs?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
ive found that dodgy/buggered spark plug, dodgy/ corroded leads..... that sort of things cause it

as for symptoms spluttering, exhaust sounds louder that normal, fuel consumption etc

this is based on my older cars but hope it helps:)

renault clio c.sport 1.2
sumtimes i will punch the throttle down hard either from stand still,or goin a long..at any speed..,and nothing at all will happen...and the,bang! it will kick in..like a turbos just kicked in or sumin...its onli a 1.2 16v..but i dnt no wat it is...and neither do renualt..

renault clio c.sport 1.2
my clio is usually great, but recently..

i will punch the throttle down hard either from stand still,or going a long at any speed..and nothing at all will happen...and then,bang! the throttle will kick in..like a turbos just kicked in or somthing and it will push quickly foward like its got a delayed reaction-like its got turbo lag or somthing....its onli a 1.2 16v..but i dnt no wat it is...and neither do renault..
HELP!!!!

Nippy white cup
When I have had this on mine it has always been plugs. Booting it low down seems ok but once higher up it will jerk and pop

Chris

172 MKII FF
ive found that dodgy/buggered spark plug, dodgy/ corroded leads..... that sort of things cause it

as for symptoms spluttering, exhaust sounds louder that normal, fuel consumption etc

this is based on my older cars but hope it helps:)

Interesting......only my car seems to have been consuming more fuel recently and the sound of the exhaust isn't constant or steady, it seems to make different tones.

How much are spark plugs? What are the correct ones? And how easy are they to fit?