ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

System Install Q’s

Hi All,

I have a Megane Coupe in which I have installed a reasonably expensive system. I am hoping to trade the car in in the next few weeks for a new 172 and I want to make sure I will be able to fit the system in.

1) I currently have a Genesis 5 Channel Amp in the car which is hidden behind a neat build against the right hand side of the boot. It doesnt obstruct access to the folding rear seats or the entrance to the boot. Looking at pictures of the boot of the 172 it seems like any similar build would stick out quite away into the hatch opening. Does any one have suggestions on the best places for the install of a large amp ? Has anyone got a false floor in the boot that can still access the spare ?

2) Has anyone upgraded thier rear speakers while keeping the original speaker positions to keep the system as stealth as possible ? What is the sound like ? Would moving to the rear shelf be a better option ?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Carl