ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tamron Lenses..

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Just bought a Canon EOS 1000D this afternoon, perfect camera for me!

Noticed the Tamron lenses at Jessops, but they look very cheap, especially compared to the Canon lenses...

Are they half decent for the money, or is it better option to save up and get the canon ones ?

Megane
What was it a zoom lens for about a ton?

Did you get the 1000D Kit?

What do you want to take photos of and what is your budget?

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
What was it a zoom lens for about a ton?

Did you get the 1000D Kit?

What do you want to take photos of and what is your budget?

I got the Camera with the standard 18-55 lens and a UV filter...

it was the 70-300 Lens I think.. £119.... didn't get it in the end as I wasn't sure on the quality

Taking pictures of... anything really.. holiday snaps / days out / car etc...

Do quite alot of walking and the gf competes with her horse so would save paying £40 a photo everytime she events from the photographers on site.

Megane
I got the Camera with the standard 18-55 lens and a UV filter...

it was the 70-300 Lens I think.. £119.... didn't get it in the end as I wasn't sure on the quality

Taking pictures of... anything really.. holiday snaps / days out / car etc...

Do quite alot of walking and the gf competes with her horse so would save paying £40 a photo everytime she events from the photographers on site.

Yeah I think it is the one I am thinking.
If you want a zoom on a budget, I would recommend the Canon 55-250mm, it is similar to your kit lens in build and technology and the IS is invaluable. You can pick them up for under £150 and it is quite a popular budget zoom lens.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a tamron 19-35 for around 8 years now, Used it on my old eos30 35mm and now on my 1000d and its pretty good. Cant remember what i paid for it but i'd hapily buy tamron again. Maybe the 70-300 to replace my sigma which i think is on its way out!