ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping/Jingling noise whilst driving

'04 Clio 1.6
Just recently I've noticed a slight jingling noise coming from my car whilst driving, its quite odd and I sound rather strange when I try to explain it.

It essentially sounds like a bell from a pet collar gently jingling away, the sound isnt always constant, and it only happens when the car is moving, it increases in frequency with speed which leads me to believe its related to the wheels however is has begun to get a little louder (or at least it seems so in my head lol) but I was wondering if any one else had had this issue.

(I checked the thread about tapping also but its not the same sound not to mention the noise doesnt occur whilst idling.)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's not anything on your keyring is it?

(believe me, I've had people ask me what noises were and it's items dangling and hitting the steering column from their keys).

Try and post up a vid mate?

'04 Clio 1.6
Haha it's not from my keying cos you can only hear it when the windows down lol

It does get faster the faster I'm going. Its almost as if something is catching the wheels as they turn.

Will get a vid of it in a little while when I go out, will see If that helps.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haha it's not from my keying cos you can only hear it when the windows down lol

It does get faster the faster I'm going. Its almost as if something is catching the wheels as they turn.

Will get a vid of it in a little while when I go out, will see If that helps.

When I got my car lowered, I had a similar sound to what you're saying above, but not a bell sound. More like a flappy sound, ticking every time the wheels went round and obviously when I sped up, the ticking got faster.

It was a sticker off one of the struts, IIRC. Just peeled down and was catching on the tyre. Ripped it off and it was fine.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
When I got my car lowered, I had a similar sound to what you're saying above, but not a bell sound. More like a flappy sound, ticking every time the wheels went round and obviously when I sped up, the ticking got faster.

It was a sticker off one of the struts, IIRC. Just peeled down and was catching on the tyre. Ripped it off and it was fine.

this, or a stone in your tyre maybe, or even a stone caught in the brakes..... have an investigate around each wheel

'04 Clio 1.6
Trying to get a video of the car making the noise but its suddenly stopped doing it for two days! Will keep an ear out. Watch this space...