ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thanks to Everyone that attended FCS, We WON!!!!!!!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
superb day and well in for winning. loved seeing yozzas car round the track, some of my mates were commenting on it.

how much was the prize money ? no need to answer if not wishing to.

would be good to get an aerial view and one of all the cars.

great time was had :D

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
I left at exactly 3! Grrr!!! Was a good day! 745+ mile trip for us scots! Well done to admin!

Mk2 172 (Silver)
I was going to put up an announcement but David got there first!!

Thank you to everyone who came, without you guys these shows wouldn't be the success they are!!
I counted the cars mid morning and we had 178!! that wasn't counting the people out on track or on the sprint run...so we easily had around 200 cars there. Our biggest ever turnout at a single event for the club!! :approve:

I would personally like to thank Brad, Mitch and Tom for organising the parking...top job guys...hope your all planning on coming to the rest of the shows ;), Mitch I just missed you before you left, will send you a PM!

Thanks also to Mark at FCS for his help and the organistion of the show.

Hope everyone got on track and had a good time out there and on the 0-60 sprint track.

And after all the rain we've had recently, we couldn't have had better weather!! :D

A perfect day all round!!! Thank you everyone!!!

Em

Look out for details of 2 more upcoming shows...Donny South and TRAX!! They should be up this week!! :D

Maz

LY 200
I totally agree Dave, it isn't just about money I just thought I would ask before anyone else did ;) lol (didn't mean to be rude :eek: )

Congrats cliosport :clap:

Thanks to averyone who attended it was a great show.
Thanks to all the Cliosport admins who arrnaged it the time you put in is notied even if we forget to mention it. So thanks again.

Yeah a great effort went in as a club and paid off. A big thanks to everyone who sorted out things.

Dave you looked a bit stressed this morning when I pulled up, trying to get the cars straight.

P.S. Flyers look the mutts!

Maz

LY 200
The flyers are cracking how do we go about getting some to hand out please ??

The lil stickers that everyone got were very nice too :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ross M said:
superb day and well in for winning. loved seeing yozzas car round the track, some of my mates were commenting on it.

how much was the prize money ? no need to answer if not wishing to.

would be good to get an aerial view and one of all the cars.

great time was had :D
It was £500, but as I mentioned, it probably won't be in the form of a cheque but money to spend organising for next years stand etc.

Jay, I was getting pretty stressed LOL, it seemed that as soon as I got people parked right I turned my back and several more cars had turned up, parked wrong and left so I couldn't ask them to move, was doing my head in, especially as I couldn't explain to everyone as they came in why I wanted them in a particular way.

Maz, there were thousands available of the flyers in the marquee yesterday. I didn't really see you to give you any. They are all with the merchandise now to be sent out with membership packs (membership packs I hear you cry, well when we get them sorted ;) ) so the best thing will be to hang on until Mat has them (Lee has all the merch at the mo) and then ask for some to be sent to you. Not sure whether we are going to do this manual or have them available in the shop to order but will let you know.

Maz

LY 200
^^ cheers Dave thats cool :) . .you handed me two yeaterday but I didn't like to ask for more ..

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
dave182 said:
It was £500, but as I mentioned, it probably won't be in the form of a cheque but money to spend organising for next years stand etc.
nice one :approve:. hopefully we can use it to win again next year :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ross M said:
nice one :approve:. hopefully we can use it to win again next year :cool:
hmmm, not sure how we can top the williams though, maybe next year we should try and aim for Alonso's Championship Winning F1 car next year! Now thats an idea...........

Da

Less
yep, couldn't of asked for a better day out! Was well worth the sleep depravation of not going to bed saturday night! ;)

Octavia VRS
Daz_2427 said:
yep, couldn't of asked for a better day out! Was well worth the sleep depravation of not going to bed saturday night! ;)

you never went to bed? lol I got 3 and a half hours sleep but it was worth it. You were in front of me on the way through to the show ground in the morning. Car's looking good mate.

Great effort by all at CS - admin, members etc

VRS
Had agreat day out :D and was well impressed with the cliosport stand :)
definatlely bringing suncream next year, my ears and nose are glowing lol

Da

Less
_Kenny_ said:
you never went to bed? lol I got 3 and a half hours sleep but it was worth it. You were in front of me on the way through to the show ground in the morning. Car's looking good mate.

Great effort by all at CS - admin, members etc

nope mate I didn't, was out with mates Sat night so didn't go to bed, left home at 3am and hit the road! ;) Cheers for the comment Kenny, was really hard to know who was who once they'd left their chariots :eek:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
TomS said:
Brian.. car was looking ace today... didn't see you to have a chat though

Tom

Cheers!, Didn't even see yours :( must of had me eyes closed!
Chat would have been good, next time.....

RS Megane DCi 175
Glad to see CS won - it certainly had the highest standard of car, there were some real sheds even in the 'top 25' stand! - all my slightly biassed opinion. :D

Lee

BMW M2C
dave182 said:
hmmm, not sure how we can top the williams though, maybe next year we should try and aim for Alonso's Championship Winning F1 car next year! Now thats an idea...........

I've already been thinking about that. ;)

*phones Flavio*

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Glad to hear that the CS Stand won it was the best organised by far.

I think the 197 should have been on our stand too next to the 0001 Williams it look lost & lonely in front of the Performance GTI Stand.

Was a great day out and a great turn out, was my 1st time and I would go again.

The VIP tickets were a waste of time won't be getting one of those again in a hurry.

Was nice to meet Harry_Manback & Rich172 for the 1st time at our woodall meeting point.

Vee dub
Brian said:
Cheers!, Didn't even see yours :( must of had me eyes closed!
Chat would have been good, next time.....

lol YOJ was tucked away in with the mk1 crew

Yeah I'll try and catch ya next time

Got a pic your car somewhere

Congrats guys, I did wonder why my parking had to be mm perfect!

Something for next time, how about a line of cars showing the progression of the Clio? You could get one of each, standard as possible and have a small info sheet attached, I'm sure there are no shortage of members with standard mint cars for it...

Mk1 > Mk1 16V > Williams > Mk2 Ph1 > Ph1 172 > Mk1 V6 > Mk2> 172 > 172 Cup > 182 > 182 Cup > 182 Trophy > Mk2 V6 > Mk3 > 197

Well done for winning folks.

Its £500 cheque which French car Show has funded and to be spent as the club sees fit !

It will be posted this week for sure.

Glad most of you enjoyed the show despite a few issues I have had to deal with.

We changed the layout so will be looking for general feedback on that.

Cheers
Mark

Megane Trophy
in terms of the layout dont make it soo bloody long!!

Could have easily bunched it up nearer the track end and used the middle of the runway!