ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That's right, I'm on the V6 hype now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate. I'll love it more once you do something with it! ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nonse nuggets are in the armrest.

Can't believe this is 3 pages long. I love it, that's all that matters really.

No, I haven't got the Golf. That's sold. This is a stop gap car for a while really, just wanted to try something different. Love the feel of it, the way the engine pulls etc. And FLOL at people thinking my insurance is expensive, properly showing your age! My mate just passed his test and can't insure his 1.poo Clio for less than £3k TPFT. I have one years no claims and im paying £1600 for a 2.4 V6.

It's got leather, climate control, a nice sounding engine. Good barge.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Gunna tidy it up, fix a couple of niggles. Then decide whether I love it enough to slam it etc. Quite enjoying the comfort atm though.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
the idea kind of reminds me of my old faithful passat...
still the second best car i ever bought....

enjoy it... just don't put BLQ's on it ffsnake...lol

You lot must be pissed if you think you can get insured for less than a grand being 18?

Insurance is ridiculous, its 1100 quid for me on a 1,1 106 and 1600 quid for an RSturbo. Where's the logic :/

A 1,1 106 should be 500 quid and an rs turbo should be 4k.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's £1600 for me on this and £3k for me on a 90bhp TDI Passat. WTF INSURANCE.

Disastra Coupe
Agree with above statements about insurance. Just because you're old and insurance doesn't go over £400 for you lot doesn't mean the younger one's get it cheap too.

My mk1 1.4 RT Clio cost me £1700 tpft when i was 17!! And no, 1.2's etc weren't any cheaper. So insuring this barge for less is brilliant imo. Must admit though, i'm glad i passed when i did as insurance is even more ridiculous now!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've got a knack for finding odd cars that are cheap to insure. My Bora was only the 1.6, but it was a lovely car to own/drive and i'd own another one tomorrow! It was also cheap to insure :).

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
abit unsure on it atm but i can see why you got it.. and im sure you will do something decent with it before long

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lowering and wheels aren't at the top of my priorities list right now, I'm sure I'll get bored soon and do it though. 'Tis my bday next month after all!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You say your not going to mod it but it has potential..

Whats that you say? 18's, slammed with S4 bumpers..Amen

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why would you buy something like that if you weren't modding it though! :(

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I can never help but feel when i see 18 year olds driving about in big saloon cars that they're driving their dad's cars.

Agree with the insurance though, i'm £1.4k on a TCE

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was amazed when I managed to briefly crack 30mpg at 60 in my 2.8 v6 quattro. Struggle to believe 47mpg! Wasnt my thing and sold it on quickly but hey if you're happy...

Rocket 3,CB-1,Yaris
I had a A4 2.8 v6 before I bought my Clio. Just found it really dull: loads of torque and nice to drive but boring as hell.

And sorry but I don't believe that mpg figure.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
does it have an instantanious read out, using that i can get 87.4mpg out of my ST when going down hill on the motorway with my foot off the accelerator, where as on average mpg it says 27.9mpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It has an instant consumption, and an average. The average is now at 26MPG since I've been driving around town. Wish I took a picture of the 47 now, i was dead proud! It's a torquey engine and even my friend in his 2.8 quattro managed to get 35mpg on an average run.

If I coast down a hill on the instant it just says ---MPG lol. Anyway, next step is to get my stereo in there (that's fun in an audi) and just get it up on my mates ramp and give everything a good shake to see whats what.

Once that's all done, it'll be tinkered with. It's just not my No.1 priority atm.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If you dont put phaeton wheels on it, slam it, s4 bumper it youre a lanky Willy tickler.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is the first car since the Clio that has been a hit with da ladeezzzzeeee too.

V6 NOISEEEE! Average MPG has gone down to about 20 since tonight. Loud pedal is so addictive.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I don't know how to reset the average :(. It's taken me until today to figure out how to change the time on the clock.