ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That's right, I'm on the V6 hype now.

WOT THINK?

Extreme-Sour-Lemon-Candy-2260.gif

Get it scanned.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah I know a few people with VagCom's but you're all miles away! I just wont drive it, then on the 1st of september I have to go BAT s**t CRAZY to get it read for edition on the 2nd.

The common oil leak on these engine is the cam cover gasket leaks at the back of the engine - if you take the plastic covers off you will be able to see more. The trick when replacing them is to use a small amount of gasket sealant (like blue hylomar) on the gasket at the back of the engine.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cheers mate! It does appear to be coming from the back of the engine. I've had all the plastic covers off but still can't see, may take some other pipework off and have a closer look tomorrow!

Also I hear the oil breathers like to leak oil?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Right, it's the cam cover gasket.

And it's also leaking break fluid from the rear caliper.

So today I've replaced the air and cabin filter, topped up the brake fluid. Hopefully the gasket, and fuel filter will arrive tuesday. On thursday everythings getting done with any luck.

Oh, and the cabin filter....

306825_10150783896850385_746700384_20392794_4274190_n.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
Cabin filters always shock people when they are changed as places never seem to change them.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
should have got a genuine filter from tps, its actualy cheaper, i paid £4.85 for a gen one

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm just lazy and did it all through work on the trade card. Genuinely think the filter has never been changed.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well I don't update this much, as most of you probably don't care. Mainly because I haven't slammed it yet.

So far I have fixed...

- Filters, all bar the oil and fuel (Fuel is a pain to change and oil I just havent bothered)
- Oil leak, turns out the cam cover was to blame. Needed some extra help in the form of gasket sealant to stop it leaking though!
- Brake fluid leak, was just a crappy washer but typical VAG I needed to replace a £20 hose to get the washer as part of the pack.

Also mods are...

- My alpine is in there.
- Pressed UK Legal plates with german plate surround (Cliche)
- Drilled airbox
- Recent hole in the 'zaust.

f**k yeah, it sounds so awesome.

Anyways. I have recently been offered a job at Prodrive, in Milton Keynes (Their composite department). Anyway, this means about 50mile round trip a day. I face a big dilemma. My car will only run on Shell V power, anything else and it goes all crappy. So this could be expensive, but I really REALLY have been enjoying this car. It's so comfy, and nice to drive. The spec is just what I want and it technically makes a great daily... other than the fuel costs. Not sure what to do really.

304116_10150814010925385_746700384_20690578_332818746_n.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
we had a 2.6 v6 a4 estate traded in the other day, on a P plate £250. Mega cheap

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
For some reason the 2.6 only has 150bhp, apposed to my 2.4 with 165bhp. That's never quite made sense to me?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Needs slamming, Chris hit the nail on the head with his comment about 'dads car' imo its a poor choice in car.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Jason.

Decent car for age imo, better than rolling around in a 1.2 fiesta/clio/corsa like most 18/19 y/o's

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
HOW do you have this car at 19??

Because it's not a Citreon Saxo or Renault Clio nobody has pushed the premiums up on these yet.

I'm with Jason.

Decent car for age imo, better than rolling around in a 1.2 fiesta/clio/corsa like most 18/19 y/o's

True story. It is funny turning up places and all my friends have nothing bigger than say a 1.6, even if they take the piss saying it's a grandad car I can still smoke 'em fast and furious style.

Why isn't this on its arse yet. Scraping like a b**ch, shredding tyres on the arches and sporting a roofrack?

I have to fix it first. No point slamming, and than breaking an already broken car.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Haha I saw he only paid a grand for it, wondered how he managed to get insured on this thing...How much was your insurance, if you dont mind me asking?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Haha I saw he only paid a grand for it, wondered how he managed to get insured on this thing...How much was your insurance, if you dont mind me asking?
£1600, apposed to the £1300 I was paying for the 1.3 Golf. Happy with that. Considering my mates are paying £2k - £3k on 1.2 Clios.

Surely it'll return decent MPG on gentle motorway runs? So as long as your commute isn't traffic ridden it'l be fine, no?
I can get about 30mpg on a good motorway run, it's all A roads to milton keynes and a bit trafficy but hopefully I can keep it up.
Needs buckets!!!

Of the air intake kind ;)
Hero mod.

Ive been crusing round in a 130tdi passat estate for the last month its just so cruisy. My brother has a 1.9tdi one of these and that is comfy, never had old man comments though because its slammed with sport wheels on.

f**k the haterz. Old man car ftw!