ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1.2 drop out.....

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ ok sorted,

this project thread is lame tbh :( i just havent had stuff through to get the project going, but hopefully stuff will happen this weekend when i hope the engine will be dropped in :D finaly tbh,

so then its a choice:

1: keep it as normal as possible
or
2: track it...

im thinkin tracking it, as well im only young and dont have any financial problems such as mortgage etc..

watch this space ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
yup its goin to be a daily drive, so keepin the rear is nessecary for chicks to get in ;) you get me LOL ..

i will put a cage in, since iv been told im beeing kept at work means i can splash more out on the car..

so these are the mods to come over next couple months:

4pots
cage
alloys
seats (hopefully buckets)

Thanks Keith, i hope il see you on track soon :)

alien green rs133
yup its goin to be a daily drive, so keepin the rear is nessecary for chicks to get in ;) you get me LOL ..

i will put a cage in, since iv been told im beeing kept at work means i can splash more out on the car..

so these are the mods to come over next couple months:

4pots
cage
alloys
seats (hopefully buckets)

Thanks Keith, i hope il see you on track soon :)

ETA on first track session, sunshine bus should be pumped up with power soon :D

i strat my conversion friday night ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
guys i need some help :(

for the love of god i cant get the gearbox on, iv removed the cage that hold the clutch plate and aligned the clutch plate so that its dead on centre, and tried connecting the box, but it just wont slip in..

any suggestions ?

BMW M135i
guys i need some help :(

for the love of god i cant get the gearbox on, iv removed the cage that hold the clutch plate and aligned the clutch plate so that its dead on centre, and tried connecting the box, but it just wont slip in..

any suggestions ?
Probably just the splines on the input shaft of the box aren't lined up with those on the inside of the friction plate, try turning the input shaft a bit a trying again. Otherwise keep jiggling and it will go on!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Probably just the splines on the input shaft of the box aren't lined up with those on the inside of the friction plate, try turning the input shaft a bit a trying again. Otherwise keep jiggling and it will go on!

ye i was thinking that, but trying to line a gearbox on your own is hard especially as the box weights a frikin tone lol, im down there tonight as i got some stuff to do so will try it once again,

Why turn the flywheel hutch? shouldnt i just turn the clutch plate as thats were the splines are,

330i. E30 Touring.
Is the engine mounted in the car?

It's a fecking pig to do, but it's just trial and error.

Project's looking well. I'd love to try something like this.

its like this jay =_ but you want the spline to be like this =- so it will go in. if you turn the flywheel itll be easier align rather than turning the clutch plate. itll go on.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Is the engine mounted in the car?

It's a fecking pig to do, but it's just trial and error.

Project's looking well. I'd love to try something like this.

nope the engine isnt in the car as yet, iv tried and tried its a right basterd to do ;)

il try it inabit i think, goin down now as cousin is suppose to drill out a bolt that stuck as i cant get the bugger out,

also the engine mount arrived today finaly, been a slow progress nearly a month withouth a car is weird, but iv saved on fuel/insurance etc

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
its like this jay =_ but you want the spline to be like this =- so it will go in. if you turn the flywheel itll be easier align rather than turning the clutch plate. itll go on.

ye flywheel is hard to turn yano, il report back inabit ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
dude you havnt tried doing it so shut it cnut :rasp:

il get it hooked up tonight hopefully, and lift the front end ready for the engine to go in tommorow :approve:

alien green rs133
stop maoning your just not trying hard enough :D

saying that i got a car that wont start.... :(

*goes out to garage to sort it :D*

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
update:

yesturday was a long day, decided i had enough of not having a car and catchin public transport to work was lamee.

So 8am Saturday morning i was in the garage, had to get the engine in today, but having no engine crane made it very hard for a one man job, but it had to be done :)

So up it went, the car was high enough now to get the engine in from under neath, but since the engine was heavy with the gearbox etc on it all had to come off, so off came the gearbox/mani/inlet, and i started to walk the engine into the bay..

SNC00260.jpg

Took me roughly 4hours to get it all in, would have taken about 2 if my dad wouldnt have been so nosey etc lol,

by now your thinkin how on earth is he going to get the engine onto the mount ;) let me explain......

1, Drop the car till its on the floor, but rest it on some wood blocks.
2, wiggle the engine onto the mount,
3, connect the gearbox
4, bolt the gearbox mount on and onto the gearbox,

SNC00262.jpg

then lift it up

SNC00268.jpg

Job done, would have been easier to get it through the top with a crane but i had to take it back last week :(

next up was do all the shafts etc, one was in easy but then i was debbating in my head that the passenger side which has a 3motion ball sortov thing had to be filled with crease and then sealed, but Luke cleard that up for me that it gets filled with gearbox oil :D sorted..

SNC00284.jpg

alien green rs133
atleast its in finally

just gotta get it running now

i am slightly worried about your mechanical know how... but i have faith.. :D

hutchie

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Decided then it was time for the wiring to be done, i wasnt expecting it tbh but its hell to do :(

SNC00269.jpg

done preety much all ov it, execept for a few and the connectors for the starter motor,

What is this plug for tho?

SNC00272.jpg

and this? though it was the ABS pump plug, but doesnt fit :S

SNC00270.jpg

Now, since my old engine was a 1.2, iv been wondering were these connect onto the 2L engine..

fuel line:
SNC00279.jpg

And this, it comes from the carbon canniester on the driver side
SNC00278.jpg

??

Next, subframe went back, god this fucker is heavy lol, so used my jack and feet to lign them up :)

SNC00283.jpg

SNC00285.jpg

more in a bit just uploading

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
atleast its in finally

just gotta get it running now

i am slightly worried about your mechanical know how... but i have faith.
. :D

hutchie

Just to clear this up:

I have NEVER done any sort of mechanics this much before, hence why my mum and dad said "after its finished take it to dion (mechanic) to get it checked over" thats how much the trust me :dapprove:

BG 182 FF
hats off to you, if you have never done this thing before, up to yet you look to be doing well, keep up the good work :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
nope never, possibly the closes thing iv done is probably remove the whole exhaust off a the car before, this is new to me lol

Cro

Meg'd r27
That black and yellow block connector attaches to a loom that goes to the rear axle, I think its for the xenon adjustor etc... only I think because I vaguely remember wondering the same thing. Dont think I ever connected it though.
Carbon canister can be taken out and thrown away, no real need for it.
I think the fuel line should be ok

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Hey cro,

what does the carbon cannister do anywayz? guessin its to reduce the amount of Co2 that goes into the air, hence the name lol,

ye, were abouts does the fuel line connect to tho :S

alien green rs133
fuel line.... goes to the fuel rail

and the carbon canister for ease onnect right next to engine mountain. ffs you can see it in the same pic...

Titanium 182
My idol x

I want to do something like this and also have limited (ish) mechanical knowledge.

I'll buy a shitter when I get my own pad and do an engine rebuild or something :D

Good work man!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
My idol x

I want to do something like this and also have limited (ish) mechanical knowledge.

I'll buy a s**tter when I get my own pad and do an engine rebuild or something :D

Good work man!

Cheers fella, its not that hard tbh, iv mostly learnt myself and also reading on here has helped aswell :)

one thing tho,

what connect to the inlet mani? theres like 2 breather pipes :S

Ta
J