ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 1.2 Minty Beast! Project Sticker..

Clio 1.2

Well i did have a thread already but it didn't go very far so time for a new one :D

Ill keep the writing minimal and post lots of photo's!!

Background

Brought standard, good price with the high miles and damage so cant complain.. Insurance isnt on my side with this car. I'm not paying so my dad found the insurance company who in other words... just don't accept modifications.. (unless yo' rich)

Anyway I'm over that so just doing personal touch bits till im older..

From start to now:

start - yes thats a flat rear lol

DSC09650.jpg

DSC09607.jpg

DSC096577.jpg

DSC_16899.jpg

HENRY2.jpg

First Mod (Spoiler colour code)

Only £30 and tbh its the best thing i actually done to the car lol

spoilermontage.jpg

then carbon fiber diamond's

5-1.jpg

and clear indicators

IMGP0238copy.jpg

IMGP0260copy.jpg

LOWER! (not for long...My old man made me take them off when he tried to claim them on the insurance lol!)

DSC09803.jpg

DSC09820.jpg

meadam-1.jpg

I went to castle comb with it lower.. at this point i wanted my wheels this colour...but once put back to standard, it would have looked silly

DSCF3113gold.jpg

Got myself a towbar for this too ...

DSC09799.jpg

I then painted my rimzzzzz

DSC_2065.jpg

DSC_2078.jpg

Back to normal height

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

So now im left with minimal options due to insurance for the outside...

i developed an addiction to stickers and plastered my sunroof in them, along with the rear window ..

DSC_2089.jpg

stickers.jpg

I also started sticking fake carbon everywhere (door handles)

DSC09838.jpg

failed on the splitter though

DSC09833.jpg

So that's it so far... Plans are space the fu*k out of the wheels, i got 5mm ones on atm but they don't do much lol!

A different splitter?
Sport or new campus grill

Focus more on inside really

I have an OK old headunit and 10" sub just for the giggles.

the plan!

-suede headlining and pillars
-fancy dash strips (stickers?)
-Fancy headunit
-Renault sport floor mat's
-something with centre console!

SUGGESTIONS :D

120d M Sport
Shame about ur old man making you undo the lowering, height looked pretty good.

Just keep it simple and don't get too carried away though. My old 1.2 16v:

Photo648.jpg

and inside:

P1010382.jpg

More poke than viagr
Looking good dude, seen mine? ;)

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

Gotta love the stickers lol ;) Dont worry about them fading or anything, mine have been on sunroof since last september time and havnt faded or fallen off or anything :approve:

Insurance is s**t isnt it, the worst bit about buying a car :dapprove: Thats why im still in a 1.2

More poke than viagr
Complete opposit to what alex said lol, go mental with them! Get carried away! :cool:

Fabia VRS
tbh stickers are fekking awesome ! if u like it then do it, toms car is mental! shame bout the lowering tho :(

also get an rs grille ! should be able to pick one up cheap on flee bay or on here if one pops up.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking good dude, seen mine? ;)

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

Gotta love the stickers lol ;) Dont worry about them fading or anything, mine have been on sunroof since last september time and havnt faded or fallen off or anything :approve:

Insurance is s**t isnt it, the worst bit about buying a car :dapprove: Thats why im still in a 1.2

Sticker ***** <3 x

More poke than viagr
hsmith, sorry dont know your name lol! id take the rear wiper off if i was you, easy lil thing that will neaten the back up a bit. And because i think it might peel some of your stickers away on the back window aswell lol.

Your making me want some more stickers now lol, you beat me on the sunroof! :p

More poke than viagr
Milo, i think its a carbon fibre vinyl that smith wrapped around the diamond. He also did the handles and splitter aswell. I like it, all came out well :)

More poke than viagr
Smith dude, you should get loads of lil stickers and do the diamonds! And bullets! :cool:

Clio 1.2
Yeah it is a shame about the lowering, it set the overall tone for the car but never mind eh, not worth all the hassle from the insurance if i do stack it!

Ill still do little things to the car, grill's up next, i do have sideskirts but debating weather to add them or not. spacers are a must though :)

hsmith, sorry dont know your name lol! id take the rear wiper off if i was you, easy lil thing that will neaten the back up a bit. And because i think it might peel some of your stickers away on the back window aswell lol.

Your making me want some more stickers now lol, you beat me on the sunroof! :p

I love your car tom, really funky! i want to do more stickers but its hard finding different types of stickers, i want some for my dash strips as I'm gona spent my cash on the inside of the car where i can see it lol.

I would de wiper it but i know ill get annoyed by having a stalk that isnt working but the stickers don't contact the wiper much apart from the very bottom but ill just put another one there when it wears lol

I want to deffo put stickers elsewhere on the car!! i was actually thinking about doing my centre caps on my wheels but i dont know if it would pull it off, i might just keep them to my windows and add a couple to the rear 3/4 windows in the same style. will keep you posted

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

I have got angel eyes on the way much to everyones distaste lol! i couldnt resist them but i also brought them so that i could put my HID's in them :)

Clio 1.2
thanks for comments, stickers are just saved up motocross ones and from ebay but mainly motocross manufactures. i havnt really done anything to the car since the insurance thing but I'm going to concentrate on the inside (suede roof lining, stickered dash strips) just to jazz it up and perhaps what ever comes my way. after all that is where you spend the most time.

But what i have done to the outside is spaced my front wheels out... only multi-fit ones but they seem have no impact on the handling around 70 which is the fastest i tend to go. i was going to try one on the rear to see if it would fit however i cant see it fitting so i need smaller ones for the rear.

Front ones are 35mm apparently. Before and after shots below

I have a 3mm one on the rear because of the standard bolts..

BEFORE

IMGP0238copy.jpg

AFTER

DSC_2314.jpg

DSC_2329.jpg

EDIT: the reason the bumpstrip and splitter is off the front is because im spraying them gloss black.. which isnt going well, texture is taking forever to come off!!!!

Last edited:
I have some stickered mirror covers from my old car in the for sale section, would look great on your car :rasp:

I think you need something to balance the front and rear wheels out, looks a bit strange like that.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
spacers look silly in my opinion, if you really feel the need to run spacers dont go anywhere bigger than 10mm, keep it subtle because that looks silly

Clio 1.2
Mixed opinion's about them then, i like them. The stickers i have stopped now, they have been on there for about 5 months and they are starting to wear off on me now so i don't want to add more ( and i cant be bothered to get the glue off)

Rear spacers are the next on the list by the way.. that photograph makes the front look wider than it actually is and because it's normal height it looks like its outside of the arch, its actually still tucked under when you look down from the top, so a similar stance will hopefully be achievable at the rear without having to roll the arches.. chance's are someone will point out that its not achievable without arch modification's so I'm all ear's..

This is a clearer view of how it look with less dust on the wheels too.

DSC_2318.jpg

More poke than viagr
Dont listen to these pps about spacers, i ran 20mm all round with my previous wheels lol!

The fact that its so high makes it look wider, if it was low it would look spot on :approve:

Ibiza FR
I would understand spacing out the wheels if it was low to get stance, but not really when its this high, sorry mate! Other than that it looks good!

More poke than viagr
Yep needs slamming, ive decided :approve:

Get low, get laid.....lmao!!!!! :rasp:

Clio 1.2
Havn't posted in here since the start of july! mainly because its not really had anything done to it.. but im off to uni on the 18th and leaving this minty beast at the house...

I brought 15mm hubcentric spacers for the car which i have had for ages, never put them on so may as well sell them, waste of money lol . that was about it.

other than that i gloss blacked the bump-strip on the front, one day i shall finish the rest of the car haha

DSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

and the other thing was my roof lining... copied gar green and rob cole .... with rob's help this is what it looked like :)

DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

that is all

Clio 1.2
i got them off here, the delta-mics ones. had a set off tom and someone else, over car's for the moment with uni, dont fancy wasting more money on it.