ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 182

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks cracking mate. Would be tempted to source nicer looking "rubber things" to close the door. I.e like the GT3...

clio 182
cheers folks!

Al i- will def be sourcing something better, but its all i could find in the garage at the time and they serve the purpose for the time being!

clio 182
They arent mate, they stick out, just cant see it in the pics!

a few pics of the whole car!

053-2.jpg

052-2.jpg

046-2.jpg

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

035-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

thoughts/opinions welcome!

cheers

clio 182
Rear lights have been like that since i bough it, if it aint broke, dont fix it kinda attitude with them, but one day i will change them!

yea they are superleggeras mate!

the strippage is good but im not happy with the dash, i will be getting a mk1 item and full cage with the digi dash in the future so this will do till then!

Thanks for the comments :approve:

Saxo vtr/s
What colour blue is it?

Im on the look out atm for a 182, just debaiting on the colour i was thinking of silver but its abit plain lol. But i currently have a stripped saxo vts with cage,etc so i kinda have a soft spot for track cars lol

clio 182
I think its called arctic blue mate, cant remember of the top of my head!

Update-

Had the car on hte dyno today, the spec is as follows

Aircon delete
PAS delete
Yozza exhaust system with decat
172 Airbox mounted directly onto the throttle body with ITG filter.
Possible remap by previous owner but no proof!

Few pics (poor quality as usual :rasp:)

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

And the results....

037-3.jpg

036-3.jpg

035-3.jpg

186.5bhp :cool:

Im delighted to be honest, never expected as much! Most importantly though its running well, no timing issues etc!

Happy days

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah it's arctic blue mate. That graph isn't half straight. You sure that it's not running cams? Verystraight power curve.

White Sti Hatch
I just seen you in Dundee today at about 2:55 about to head down the forfar road back towards Aberdeen !

If it wasnt you then someone's nicked your car !

clio 182
Thanks for the comments!

Biohazard- yea that was me, was down at crail giving it more abuse! :rasp:

It 100% doesn't have cams, just seems healthy, another freak engine maybe!?

More updats soon, moving into a new lockup so no more borrowing my uncles garage :approve:

clio 182
Well I had a wee trip to clarkmotor sport on thursday, no pics unfortunately!

Got all the geometery set up, bled the brakes and weighed it!

The brakes feel so much better now, I have confidence in them! And the adjustments made to the suspension has made turn in almost feel easier so very happy!

And onto the weight.....944kg! Well impressed with that as there is still a lot to loose out of it, I'm going to aim for 899kg!

The car as it stands now has 198.5bhp per ton and ready to be abused
icon_mrgreen.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo so close to 200bhp per ton! Little bit more stripping and you'll be there.

God knows how i've got 100-150kg less than you lol, espically as my cage weighs 40kg!

Keep up the good work mate :)

clio 182
cheers chrispy!

Hiow much does yours weigh? i still have all the tar, runners on the seat, masses of wiring, glass windows.......so much more to remove!

loosing weight = free power ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
cheers chrispy!

Hiow much does yours weigh? i still have all the tar, runners on the seat, masses of wiring, glass windows.......so much more to remove!

loosing weight = free power ;)

Mine will be around 800kg when i get poly windows. I havnt had mine weighed in a long time but i've worked it out by weighing the parts i have taken off or changed.

So hoping that the removal or my AC & PAS will give me 2 more bhp and so i'll have 250-255bhp per ton :evil:

clio 182
Bloody hell chrispy, i have some serious stripping to do then!

Biohazard- yea im planning on going, need to see if i can get the time off work first

thanks for all the other comments:approve:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just read the full project mate, seems like youve done a good job with it. Put some standard rear lights in there though IMO

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
..Put some standard rear lights in there though IMO

i agree with that h3ppy! if you want some rearlights, i have some about here in this tip i call garage somewhere, give me a shout if you want them!

rgds robert

clio 182
cheers for the comments people, they are all appreciated!

rpsxr- our cars do look very similar, i thought tat when looking through your thread! You have pm re rear lghts!

clio 182
update time.....

i hadnt done anything to the car since the last update and headed to knockhill last sunday for a trackday

5634634221_d004299e13.jpg

919 by h3ppy, on Flickr

As you will know i have deleted the power steering, so here is my thoughts on it.

Firstly, people who say its to stiff and hard to turn need to grow a set! :rasp: anything over 3mph is fine!

On the road:- you really need to keep your wits about you when pushing it on a road, the car tracks on every bump and contour and it does feel like it wants to pull you into the ditch! and yes my tracking is fine ;) General driving is fine though, took me about 10 miles to get used to it and the only real problem is parking, but as said before i wouldnt let it put you of!

On the track:- well, what can i say! what a difference! feels so much better and you are so much more involved! yes it is alot more work, but it so so worth it! Coming into corners i can literally feel the point its going to start understeering, you could feel it before with the power steering but it so much more obvious now! I was concerned about correcting oversteer as well, being heavier and a longer rack i thought i wouldnt catch it if it went quickly, but the two times the rear decided to slide it was fine, much and such the same lock applied as with the power steering. After about 10-15 laps you can 100% feel it more in your arms, but again nothing average joe couldnt deal with. All in all im so glad i done it, feels sharper and i feel alot more connected to car, a very worthwhile modification in my eyes! All the powerflex bushes would have helped as well i should point out....

another few pics so you dont get bored....

5635214542_4ece7f9e48.jpg

918 by h3ppy, on Flickr
5634629883_eb8969d914.jpg

914 by h3ppy, on Flickr

This is turbo'd or supercharged....no idea how it went though as i was always waiting in the pits when it was out, anyone from here?

5635205994_917bd35d44.jpg

886 by h3ppy, on Flickr

Now, onto the subject of the good old EBC brakes. I have EBC blue stuff pads with the godspeed discs. There has been alot of negavity from other track goers about this set up but i would honestly have to ask how hard they have been on the brakes! i done approx 1 hour on track in ten-15min sessions and they are fine? no damage to the discs at all?

On the first session the y were very poor, scarily poor, infact worse than standard! i was really concerned at this point as i had a whole day ahead of me :S the instructions fro bedding the pads in from godspeed state approx 300 road miles general use then some hard braking from 70-20mph. i done about 500 general miles and alot of hard braking after but it was clear to see they still werent bedded in, they faded really quick and i was panicing!

second session i was hoping they would come good after being colled down and that they did! after about 3 laps they were brilliant! much much better than the red stuffrs i have had previously and so much bertter than standard! they performed faultlessy all day after that, i done about 6 10-15min sessions! The pedal feel was perfect and no signs of fading at all. i would love to see how others have been driving on them, maybe im too soft on the brakes compared to you lot ;) on a serious note though i think i was pressing hard on the last few sessions and still perfect! the next track day im on im getting tuition so we will soon see if its me though! :rasp:

so, im more than happy with all the chages i made over winter and cant wait to get back out on track! My gearbox is giving me some hassle just now so will maybe change it before the next one! Apart from that plans are more front camber, rear camber shims (turn in could be better i think) possibly spacers on the front, and more weight loss!

i will keep this updated, and well done if you just read all that!

thoughts and opinions welcome!

clio 182
Ha ha, shouldnt be a problem! You not got this megane ready yet? Or the crash last week fear you :rasp:

White Sti Hatch
Well its currently sitting without injectors lol also need to replace rear pads and flush fluid !

clio 182
Well thought I would dig out this thread and update it as the car is getting some changes over winter! I haven't been to any other trackdays after the Renault sport day, I lost an injector so it was over rather early for me!

So to bring you up to speed I started a new job offshore so the Clio got forgotten for about 5 months almost! Now I'm settled into the new job, it's time to get the clio back upto scratch! I have a goal on what I want to achieve/build and the plan is to use it on any trackday, hillclimb, race etc I can when I'm home!

So to start,

New suspension

443b4a25.jpg

7ace9529.jpg

New hoses

34cc8f34.jpg

bc05c851.jpg

And as it stands just now

011-2.jpg

Updates should be thick and fast early next year, In the mean time I have lots of parts to buy!

Any recommendations for a light, full fia roll cage?

Cheers
Craig

clio 182
Small update, got my heater set up today, quality bit of kit and will save alot of weight over the standard climate control heaters!

a65eb009.jpg

d26ccc0d.jpg

87c36e85.jpg

I went for the normal vents and windscreen demister vents which will all be fitted to my mk1 dash

Cheers
Craig

clio 182
Wee update,

Well I have been driving the evo a week now and didn't think the Clio would last long, the evo is such a better car in everyway (apart from petrol)

So today I had to move the Clio from the roadside and into the drive, it has been left abandoned for 7 1/2 weeks now so I picked up the jump leads and some oil expecting the worse!

To my surprise she started first time, Didn't even splutter! And even more surprising is that not one drop off oil/coolant has leaked (being French it usually springs a leak when left alone). So bring a very happy man I couldn't resist taken her for a spin, and boy did it put a smile on my face, the noise, the rattles, the bangs......I still love it!

It made my mind up that it still has it's space along side the evo, totally different cars but both so much fun!

Here's a few pics of her today, fully loaded up with evo spares!

c91e1933.jpg

29c6ebbc.jpg

fd358e61.jpg

33d1ef9f.jpg

I just need this bloody lock up sorted out and I will be happy, can get cracking on changing a few things ready for next year

clio 182
Bio- no problem at all, as long as my injectors play ball next time! You back from your adventures, or did you go?

White Sti Hatch
Na still out here mate back home in 10 days then stripping the megane and trading it in against a new toy