ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

Did I miss what this is going to be used for?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ha...

just ordered a pair of these, prevention is better than cure, will wire these in should i ever need to get the battery charged easily

and_standard-jp.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so i have got more updates, i have had had 2 days (that i didn't originally plan for) to work on the clio this week so got more done, aswell as doing a bit of shopping as mentioned previously.

I started off yesterday grinding off the ecess of the welds in the rear of the car, we welded all the holes that were not needed in the rear, these were all ground off nice and flat, along with the front cross-member.

IMG_0604.jpg

as may have already been seen the other day when we were welded up the seat subframes, well over the past 2 days i got all the bolts i would need sorted, drilled the subframes to fit the car and the seats and then bolted them all together, as you can see the subframes use the existing mount points for strength but still sit nice and super low.... very happy.

IMG_0598-1.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0602-1.jpg

it is impossible to get the subframes to sit flat across the 2 rails that run adjacent to the car, as you can see here there is some space between the subframes and the car (this is the rear drivers side, sill side mount point).

IMG_0603.jpg

this will be what the above hockey pucks will be used for, they will be trimmed and will sit inbetween the car and subframe at this point, nice and solid but with a tiny bit of give.
oh and then this arrived....

IMG_0605.jpg

but more of that later....
so i think we are now onto PRE-ASSEMBLY, i now have all the parts ready to get the interior looking and fitting right before paint, this is a pretty important stage as everything needs to be perfect before being removed for paint... so...
seats and cage starting to go in...

IMG_0606.jpg

blower and passenger footrest (yet to be bolted down)

IMG_0608.jpg

the powervamp racing battery and cage (yet to be bolted down)

IMG_0607-1.jpg

and the flocked mark 1 dash...

IMG_0610-1.jpg

very happy with how its all gone, so whilst on a high i decided to un-wrap my delivery, gorgeous...

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

for those that have missed it, it's a Revirie Lotus Exige S2 Carbon Roof Scoop.
and as a roof scoop, it looks bloody good...

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614-1.jpg

IMG_0615-1.jpg

it really got me thinking about ordering another as that will not be its application in this instance......but no, i have neither the funds of balls to do that so started eyeing up where it will be going, and to be honest i am chuffed with how it looks like it will fit, with a nice bit of trimming it should be spot on.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0616-1.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

it covers the blower and will house the standard blower dials sunken into it.... but thats for another day...
so this is how the car sits now...

IMG_0625.jpg

it will be like this all weekend as its a wedding this weekend, but the next time i see it i think the front subframes is coming off, any tips advice about that next job is welcome...

ha...

just ordered a pair of these, prevention is better than cure, will wire these in should i ever need to get the battery charged easily

and_standard-jp.jpg

If you bring those and some cable with you next time you visit us you can borrow the BIG crimping tool to do a proper job on them :)

clio 197 cup

you got one of the hydraulic crimping tools matt? we use them on some of the cables at work.

Your trimming a £300.00 roof scoop to make a dash!!?? Geezer you could get that form made up for A LOT less than that!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

reverie stuff is sooooo nice too :(

TrackCar & F30 330d

OH i see! I really could not think why you had bought that sexy piece of carbon. Great idea tho, it'll look fantastic when the inside is painted black.

Subframe removal = Ball ache

Deffently get it done though and get it powdercoated, i cant really think of any tips. using a jack and a big spade to balance it on works a treat when your trying to get it off.

Qashcow

Fook me, my black roof and that carbon scoop...!!! Sod the issues with missing aircon lol.

Looks good mate, coming along slowly

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

If you bring those and some cable with you next time you visit us you can borrow the BIG crimping tool to do a proper job on them :)

Cheers matt, will see how i get on with it, got to crimp all the battery cables too... Still got that splitter put aside?

Your trimming a £300.00 roof scoop to make a dash!!?? Geezer you could get that form made up for A LOT less than that!

Thats just how i roll.... Lol
Nah in all seriousness i have thought this through a fair bit and getting custom carbon stuff ain't cheap, however i didn't expect the scoop to be double the length i needed, however this may mean that i can actually run a roof scoop, who knows, either way the left over carbon will not be wasted.

Sell me half & I'll make my own centre console from it?

Ollie's Silver Cup

The scoop used for the dash is a nice idea; looks great.

kanedandunable

ClioSport Club Member

yeah the dash2 is nice was looking at them the other day. you going for the data logger as well?

so your just gonna have that and no dash?

same route im thinking off but gonna need to find someone to sort out all my electrics as dont have a clue where to start!

im liking the look of all this! centre console will look lovely!

CBR1K, F21 125D

Could make a template and get that whole console made in C.F for half that price.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yeah the dash2 is nice was looking at them the other day. you going for the data logger as well?
so your just gonna have that and no dash?
same route im thinking off but gonna need to find someone to sort out all my electrics as dont have a clue where to start!

sure there is a picture of the flocked mark 1 top dash, that will sit above the Dash2 but that is all, don't need anything else.
as for your electrics, speak to Matt at Tour-De-Force, he is on here and pretty much the only one for the electronic side of things

im liking the look of all this! centre console will look lovely!

cheers mate, pretty happy the idea looks like it could work, should look good with the dials recessed into it and a few switches for various things.

Could make a template and get that whole console made in C.F for half that price.

thats no help to me though is it...lol

Qashcow

Where from? Whose going to go through all that for basically pennies. Flat carbon sheet costs a fortune for the proper stuff, let alone one off parts. That's mega bucks

Evo 5 RS

Mine came with the zolder box, just kept it from that. Does the job

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so i have another few days ahead of me to work on the car, that i wasn't expecting, so i will be adorning my gladrags and heading on down later. I have been speaking with crispy and today i think i will be hitting the subframe, hopefully it will come off quite easily, wither way i have a good list of what to do from crispy so will just work through that...

update later

Evo 5 RS

suave! getting there then Mr Bone

Me windows should arrive today with any luck

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

i had a good nose around Chris's car on Sunday, his sub frame looks brilliant Its sooo bright! you going to match it to the cage?

TrackCar & F30 330d

i had a good nose around Chris's car on Sunday, his sub frame looks brilliant Its sooo bright! you going to match it to the cage?

Ben_p did that to one of his 172's was an epic car. Acid yellow roll cage & subframe :)

Evo 5 RS

aye, I remember that car. Looked amazing! Mines just satin black ... boring lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Ben_p did that to one of his 172's was an epic car. Acid yellow roll cage & subframe :)

if it was going any colour it would go the same as the cage yes, infact the people that i have already spoken to do the powdercoating were Caged Laser Engineering (Caged)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so the update from today... subframe off.
sometimes i am really not a fan of this forum, there are some proper idiots on here, however last night and this morning i found 2 people that were totally the opposite, they took time out of there own to help me. I asked advice from Gray and from Crispy about removing the subframe, i got a step by step guide by both of them and followed those today making it very easy in the end... i will copy and paste the words from one of there lists and just add my own pictures

Jack the car up so it’s nice and high, Remove front wheels

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

i also had to tuck my radiator out of the way as it sits on the nearside front of the subframe (ontop of the engine will do....)

IMG_0627.jpg

Undo lower ball joint bolts, the rest of the suspension can stay as it is. Just be careful not to pull the left hand shaft out.

IMG_0629.jpg

Undo the things that are on the end of the steering rack that attach to the hub.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Unbolt the gearbox mount that is at the very front of the gearbox.

IMG_0634.jpg

Unbolt the 2 rectangle bits that are at the back of the sub frame which attach to the chassis

IMG_0636.jpg

Undo dog bone mount.

IMG_0639.jpg

Completely remove the long gear selector which reaches from the bottom of the gear stick to the little bit on the gearbox (i left mine on at the gear stick end...).

IMG_0641.jpg

Undo the two little bars which are attached through the wishbone bolts and attach to the chassis (so one each side of the car)
Now I think it may be easier undoing the 4 bolts for the steering steering Column and removing the whole thing rather than attempting to just undo the single bolt that attaches it to the rack.
Then there should be 4 main bolts which hold the sub frame onto the car. Make sure these a soaked in tonnes of penetrating spray or wd40 as if the bolt "wings" snap then they are a right B*tch to undo. You’ll see what I mean.
If you’ve got one then use a trolley jack and a long spade or bar to support the weight of the sub frame and wiggle it loose. With all the part on the sub frame it’s F*cking heavy so be careful.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

it was the 2 top steering rack bolts that were the pain for me... god dam it are they hard to get too....
so all off, basically stripped of wishbones and ARB.... decision tomorrow on what to do with it colour wise

thankyou again to crispy and gray...

Ollie's Silver Cup

Good stuff; looking forward to seeing the subframe done! :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i was going to ask you crispy what you got powdercoated..... but i just browsed the thread for a while... then found the answer

IMG_4823.jpg

everything...lol