ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Clio 172
Epic build and epic read its taken me three and a half days to get through this. FFS don't be giving up or you owe me three days of my life back. I have to say the build is quality and very inspirational to say the least. There is so much stuff I'd love to do to my PH1 but I haven't got time, knowledge or space to do it (forgetting the money aspect). I look forward to seeing this finished. As for colours I'd go for battleship grey, (there is an awsome 1.8T MKII golg in this colour with black wheels) as the black wheels and yellow ascents would go together so well. Keep up the good work (glad you left FC not a fan of them, personal reasons ;)) and I'll keep following this thread. Hope to get to see the car fully done.....SOON.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
They fit both my Sabelt taurus seats and the Pole positions :)
fb95ced2.jpg

What colour are you thinking of doing it?

Omg have you got stretchable arms? Lol That seat looks to far back also what are you fitting as you've moved the gear selector recess back.

Haha it has been mounted a notch or so further forward now :) But yes Long arm's, tall and big lol! Also when we got the seat right down on the floor of the car it was surprising how much further back it needed to be! Standard box going in for now but couldn't reach it and needed the space for switch box!

Qashcow
Hadn't even noticed that in the pic, awesome driving position though!! That mixed with a flat/raised floor would feel awesome I reckon

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Epic build and epic read its taken me three and a half days to get through this. FFS don't be giving up or you owe me three days of my life back. I have to say the build is quality and very inspirational to say the least. There is so much stuff I'd love to do to my PH1 but I haven't got time, knowledge or space to do it (forgetting the money aspect). I look forward to seeing this finished. As for colours I'd go for battleship grey, (there is an awsome 1.8T MKII golg in this colour with black wheels) as the black wheels and yellow ascents would go together so well. Keep up the good work (glad you left FC not a fan of them, personal reasons ;)) and I'll keep following this thread. Hope to get to see the car fully done.....SOON.

thank you for the very kind words, appreciated.
With regards to time, knowledge, space and money,

well time - i have had to make time (and its still taken this long)
knowledge - i am always asking questions... i basically knew nothing (still don't know much)...ha
space - i have had to rent a small workshop from a friend but was lucky when another friend moved into a new bodyshop so could keep it there whilst working on it (shame thats 45mins away now)
Money - there is no question i have spent alot on this car, however the car wouldn't be what it is if i hadn't worked on FC, shall we say there were a few perks to that job....

as for leaving there, that was for personal reasons too....

How about painting it like the concept twingo?

i guess this is some kind of humor, but i will entertain it anyways,
what is this concept like?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate - good to see things are progressing. :D

It must be a nightmare trying to choose the 'right' colour. I did notice that green had been mentioned and I have to confess I quite like Dodge's "Synergy Green"...

DSCF0806-copy.jpg

Admittedly this colour might not be to everyone's taste though.

ph1 172, berlingo
hi bud, hope all is well, did you hear the sad news about my old (stigs) clio getting written off? rear ended by dr sharp at canards round about, bummer

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hi bud, hope all is well, did you hear the sad news about my old (stigs) clio getting written off? rear ended by dr sharp at canards round about, bummer

i new the car went up for sale, but i never knew stig had been rear ended by the Dr, is he sore?

Is it painted yet?

nah, still needs interior welding doing etc etc, oh and a colour chosen. will be a little while yet

ph1 172, berlingo
he was a bit sore, dr sharp has a very big............ car, shame really as it was a tidy shell, another 1 bites the dust,

ph1 172, berlingo
yea good probs a month away from mapping now, all being well, ready for this years season? you will have to pop in when your close, dito on yours

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
will do rog,

So i am at the stage where i need to decide on the colour of my project, I have had several ideas but these have come and gone, so i thought i would open it up to see if anyone can give me some fresh ideas. So the car will be keeping the yellow touches it previously had (hoses, cage, brakes etc) the wheels will stay satin black and and the interior will be going satin black..

my initial choice was a satin shark skin grey colour,

Picture1-2.png

and then i thought that may be too similar to the silver it already was, and if i was spending the dollar on a re-paint then i may aswell go different, so pretty much decided on Porsche Signal Green, with satin lacquer...

Picture2-1.png

Picture4.png

Picture3-1.png

however after having a good think about this, myself and my painter mate aren't sure satin is a great idea, its hard to look after (unless you buy £300 wax) and could be a problem especially with the carbon pads i am running, so at the moment i am very much undecided on what to go for....here is the car prior to the rebuild....

main.jpg

image2.jpg

so whats your thoughts?
pictures and paint codes would be awesome if possible

Clio 172 & others!
I really like this colour......... You can add any colour to it through the wheels etc. I just think green is too much for the whole car, a bit too max power (sorry!) It's your beast at the end of the day, in sure it'll be a quality job done.

images-3.jpg

Qashcow
Grey and red has already been done on the Clio though. I really like that green more and more every time I see it but it's not practical. Unless you ditch the CL's and don't have to worry about the dust. My DS2500's were good enough for everything I threw at them with the benefit of being relatively clean

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Grey and red has already been done on the Clio though. I really like that green more and more every time I see it but it's not practical. Unless you ditch the CL's and don't have to worry about the dust. My DS2500's were good enough for everything I threw at them with the benefit of being relatively clean

Proper pain deciding,

Matt and satin colours are the current trend imo... a bit like white was a few years ago...

if your only now choosing a colour by the time it gets done you`ll be out of the "scene", not a great issue if your like me and consider the "scene" a load of bo**ocks but critical if your 1 of them cool kids!!

i dont really have any suggestions i`m affraid, its a very personal decision to make.. i like to stick with original factory colours..

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Matt and satin colours are the current trend imo... a bit like white was a few years ago...
if your only now choosing a colour by the time it gets done you`ll be out of the "scene", not a great issue if your like me and consider the "scene" a load of bo**ocks but critical if your 1 of them cool kids!!
i dont really have any suggestions i`m affraid, its a very personal decision to make.. i like to stick with original factory colours..

satin colours are deffo the in thing, i agree, but not why i was looking at them, not sure i really consider myself as a scene kid tbh, not really bothered what people think of my colour choice anyways (whether its good/bad/scene/sh*t etc etc), i was just asking about for more ideas....

i just loved the nature of those colours above, however i really think it would be more sensible to go with a better protected paintwork (ie lacquered).
as you say though, its all down to a personal decision in the end.