ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got to say this is really impressive. Really good job there.
i-SPMQ6HB-M.jpg

Clio, Nova, Astra
Finally fitted mine cant really take it for a hard spin as its track car only but my neighbours now hate me the noise is awesome well happy with it for the price!!!!

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
How much intake air do you all think a 1*2 needs? Just take a look at the small size of the intake for a Dodge Viper, or a Z06 Corvette, making 3 times the power of the Clio

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think I may have a slightly oversized battery. That or the Ph.1 has a bracket that is closer to the battery than is in the ph2 (Not sure on that one though)

I'm buggered if I'm changing the battery, I'll just neatly cut the bracket to suit. It doesn't do anything on my car anyway.

I can't believe the old girl still has that giant battery, LOL!

In summary, yes, the battery is massive. But it's part of it's soul ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe the old girl still has that giant battery, LOL!

In summary, yes, the battery is massive. But it's part of it's soul :wink:
I really want the car back to get it fitted now. Been sat in deadmau5's car again all evening and the noise is rather addictive. HURRY UP AND GET FIXED.

In the meantime, MORE VIDEOS please!

172 Cup
Slightly different setup but same principle, went for the ramair as its half the price of a pipercross.
Not driven it yet, will be interesting to compare it to my old v6 airbox setup.
Imagine it will be a bit louder.

456465c4bd348f45efd3f6845f533396.jpg

Clio 182
Its is a very nice noise indeed, even better from the outside :) will have to try and get a video up sometime :)

Arctic Blue Clio 182
20141124_185531-jpg.jpg
Have had my kit fitted just over 3 weeks. After around 700miles all i can say i is i love it. My 182 seem to hav alot more raw power delivery over my old standard airbox with K&N panel filter.. Seems to pull better after 4500k i think, may be a placebo effect with the noise lol. My cars running fattys induction kit, decat, ktec exhaust and 98ron map. Heres a quick video with my fitted from inside the car

Attachments

• 20141124_185531.jpg
    20141124_185531.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 725
  2005 182 cliosport
ordered up the ram air filter and ally pipe this week. should all be here by next weekend.
really looking forward to fitting it, I have a pipercross filter fitted at the moment and am hoping the Ram air is much louder ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
ordered up the ram air filter and ally pipe this week. should all be here by next weekend.
really looking forward to fitting it, I have a pipercross filter fitted at the moment and am hoping the Ram air is much louder :wink:
if you mean a pipercross panel filter, then yes it will be! :)

2005 182 cliosport
nooo pipercross cone filter. its not that loud and your video with the ram air sounds much noiser.

it's pretty old so it was a good excuse to get a new one.....and the ally pipe just finishes it off ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
yes it can, but you will have to sort out a breather pipe / find one with a breather that fits. Also you will not have the 'suspension' section that the oe bend provides to help stop the filter moving, not sure how that would be a problem should the filter rub. Mine rubs against the batter and connection box, but the filter I posted above is actually a bit smaller than mine (they don't do my exact one anymore so I have also ordered one of the above to replace mine), so it should fit a lot better / easier and not have this problem.

Also just to add to this, with the original bend, you can use a clip like this to secure the filter to the ecu bracket instead of using cable ties :smile:

jclip1.jpg

Got a link to these clips please mate?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Sorry no. Mine came with the filter, have tried searching for them but don't know exactly how to define it. Give Ramair a call and ask the if they will sell you one on its own.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
nooo pipercross cone filter. its not that loud and your video with the ram air sounds much noiser.

it's pretty old so it was a good excuse to get a new one.....and the ally pipe just finishes it off :wink:
think it will be about the same tbh then. these things sound a lot louder outside the car.

2005 182 cliosport
Got mine fitted. The difference is massive ! Its so so so much louder and sounds completely different to the pipercross. The engine feels like it can breath so much easier! I am so so happy with the change!

Clio 182 Cup
Fitted this last night, this replaced the standard airbox, few points I noticed since fitting:
- Throttle response noticeably quicker, a lot more get up and go in all gears
- Slightly more grunt low down,
- After 5k kick it feels like it has a nice bit of extra power and so much more urgent
- Revs much quicker (Hit the limiter a few times, without trying)
- Loud, much more than any previous N/A cars I've owned and A LOT more than the standard airbox, yet it has purposeful resonance and sound/tone to it

The only issue I had was the job being a little fiddly getting your hands behind the headlight, but that maybe due to my hand/battery size combination. Overall for just under £40 and 10-15mins fitting it, it's definitely worth a try.

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
More I drive mine the more I'm impressed. Admitadly I don't drive it a great amount as its a second car, but love it even more with this cheap addition. Wether it's inproved throttle response, low down grunt who knows.

Clio 182
Fitted this last night, this replaced the standard airbox, few points I noticed since fitting:
- Throttle response noticeably quicker, a lot more get up and go in all gears
- Slightly more grunt low down,
- After 5k kick it feels like it has a nice bit of extra power and so much more urgent
- Revs much quicker (Hit the limiter a few times, without trying)
- Loud, much more than any previous N/A cars I've owned and A LOT more than the standard airbox, yet it has purposeful resonance and sound/tone to it

The only issue I had was the job being a little fiddly getting your hands behind the headlight, but that maybe due to my hand/battery size combination. Overall for just under £40 and 10-15mins fitting it, it's definitely worth a try.

Your not alone, I had a bit of a struggle getting it in (that sounds very innuendo) but it does sound nicer, thinking of having some sort of heat sheild which I hope helps to avoid some heatsoak

2005 182 cliosport
took a little bit of fiddling to get it into place, I need to trim down the cold air feed a little but it seems to running pretty good. The hardest part is not booting it everywhere and draining fuel because it sounds that good....

Arctic 182
took a little bit of fiddling to get it into place, I need to trim down the cold air feed a little but it seems to running pretty good. The hardest part is not booting it everywhere and draining fuel because it sounds that good....
That's been my issue lately mate lol.
Literally watching the fuel gauge drop, I really need to calm it down!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You shouldn't have to trim anything. The cold air feed should be removed down to the acoustic valve.

I have now fitted this and the sound it make is amazing, but this is going to kill my MPG...😢 I am flooring it more times than I used to just to hear it hahahhah

Anyhow, thanks The Fatty for this, it is greatly appreciated!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Tried to move my battery back. Turns out there's a stop at the end which stops it going back too far.

Need to modify that bracket at the front it seems.

I have asked my dad for the filter and pipe for Christmas! I hope they don't sell out as I bet the sales have gone through the roof since this thread was posted!

Tried to move my battery back. Turns out there's a stop at the end which stops it going back too far.

Need to modify that bracket at the front it seems.

Before I paid £40 for the privilege of having the correct size battery despite the current oversized one working absolutely fine...

...I managed to lift the rear of the battery on top of the stop whilst still being able to clamp it down (the bolt with the 13/15mm head holding the battery in is quite long after all). That gained perhaps an inch with no effort.