ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Clio 182
Before
d2a7e6c3ef3dfbbdfc49661f4a5c226c.jpg

After
9d49ea0d7dd71b4df7cec4818c040dd3.jpg

Cheers fatty!

Side note, got my battery from eurocarparts yesterday for sub £30.
Fits like a glove. If your interested pm me and I'll get the no. Off it for ya

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just about managed it, but I've had to put some insulation between the battery and the ECU cover. I thought it was plastic but it's actually metal so a thick bit of plastic should stop anything getting across.
Photo%2014-12-2014%2011%2056%2044%20am.png

Bwaaaaarp incoming.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just about managed it, but I've had to put some insulation between the battery and the ECU cover. I thought it was plastic but it's actually metal so a thick bit of plastic should stop anything getting across.

Bwaaaaarp incoming.
You seem to have a lot more room between the battery and the headlight for the filter to sit in than I do. Even with a bigger battery! May have to go do some investigating on mine. There's loads of room for the pipe to go through but the filter seems really tight in the space I have.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I had to lift my battery over the top of the back stop to fit the filter in. I wouldn't recommend running it like that for long though - there's a chance that the battery could come loose or the back stop could crack the bottom of the battery casing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Bwaaaaarp incoming.
You need to buy a + battery cover before you're car bursts into flames.
They are only about £10 from Renault.

BG182
I had the older bigger style ramair filter anyway so just had to buy the pipe, fitted last night was a tight squeeze but sorted it would have been easier with the newer smaller filter. It sounds so good at 4-4.5k the pipes definatley added an more aggresive tone to it,

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Very. Was 99% there. I've driven the car more lately and it's awesome. £40 well spent, do it.

Hoping to get mine tomorrow when I see my dad for Christmas. ;)
I will take photos but no point doing sound as the exhaust is blowing that badly it's all you can hear!

Ph2 Meg 225
Anybody fitted this on a car with no map? What's it like in terms of power delivery? Just curious to the power increase/ decrease mentioned through out the thread as most seem to run the 98 Ron map.

Clio 182
@Kchristmas I found it runs pretty much the same as standard, just a lot louder.
Also I tested the MPG difference and there was like no change for me. And I do motorway and town driving.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I've got one mate. Recommend it a lot. I've had the far more expensive ktec equivalent, no difference bar tax (ktec)

Could wait until morning so even though it's freezing and dark outside I went out with my torch and jobs a good un:

8BF4304B-A372-409E-B356-690FB9C3EABA.gif

I must admit the camera flash doesn't make the engine bay look particularly clean! Lol.

clio 172 cup
Fitted mine today wow does anyone else notice the 5k kick on mine with the induction kit fitted just takes off more

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I want to get the ph1 on a rolling road at some point. If I ever actually get round to it (got more important things that need done on it just now) I'll get this kit tested against my standard airbox and panel filter.