ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate. I bought it off Rich for £3k, sold it for £4k, (I did spend a fair bit on it mind you) he sold it for £5k and now this bloke can't sell it. Mainly because it's not worth £5k.

I can't get over how sorry it looks. It was proper clean when I had it. Well, clean for a 100,000 mile 10 year old car.
Ahhhhhhh I remember, you loved that thing as did your son, burbling around the place.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Was out in this ra today.

F685A3E1-0C76-46EF-B012-48314EDE1E05_zps4604aqqo.jpg

3066E7BC-7D07-4C50-8F1D-4AD9D6529634_zpswa0pllnq.jpg

A0FF888B-959F-4D7E-9341-05D697F2479C_zpseugi9q7i.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My craving for a Wagon has come back because of seeing what they look like in army/olive/nato green,
i'm not into shiny and detailed, but I am into the zombie apocalypse look.
2011-05-01_12-55-26_227.jpg

922408_722537029676_1252753814_o.jpg

100_6103.jpg

Dip_Bugeye_Green_zpsfb63f74b.jpg

Doesn't look too bad on a saloon either.
DSC_0044.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Jim, thats lovely.
Is it a STI RA? I was watching this but the seller has ended it early.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-V2-RA-FRESH-IMPORT-FROM-JAPAN-LOW-MILEAGE-JDM-/161614152618?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=MP1%2FaXk0AgiyrSeQpER5ulmdd9c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If i buy a classic are these the ones to buy or is the Type R also a good buy? I know nothing about scoobs but i want one.

I'm not Mr scoob but the ra is like the hardcore version and seems to be the more desirable. I've never really liked the type r's to be honest.

What's your budget?

Edit - the one in the pics is an ra running a 2.5 engine and looking to push towards 500bhp,

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hmmm, i cant do anything until my PH1 sells.

Once it does then id say about 7k.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not going to take long to sell your phase 1 tbh
Hopefully not mate, but im after top top money for it so it could take a while trying to find the right buyer.

So my biggest fear in buying a old classic scoob is rust, so im also thinking is it worth me buying something newer like a bug eye?
I got offered a JDM STI bugeye from a member on here with a deal on my PH1 but at the time i didn't want to sell my car.

I think he was after £7.5k for it, it was bloody nice. Wish i had now.

Found the old add for the car.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/jdm-impreza-sti-prodrive-£7-995.757422/

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I went out in a type r a good few years back that wasn't running a hundred percent. Quickest car I've been in. The low gearing is immense

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Second one for me

Classics in some of the links are dreadful looking now, havent ages well

P1 too much money?
Yes mate, id want a mint low miles car and they come with a premium.

I know what you are saying about the classics, i like them with no side sills tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the bugs are stunning tbh. Frayz on here for example, although that's a bit better than a standard car, lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If i buy a classic then it will have to be something special, RA STI/type r as its only going to be a toy.
My main concern is rust, you know i like to make my cars mint and this will continue in a scooby.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You can get mint classics. Jims mate joes is stunning, a real credit to him. If it's a toy has to be a classic, trust me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That was a car I was thinking of before, advertised on sn around the same time I was selling mine

Impreza RB5 #054

As nice as that is, I think you'd be better with a low miles standard example and just bringing it up to showroom condition like what you've done with your Clio.

I'm sure I saw a Prodrive Bug for sale recently with 14k miles for 7-8k, I'll see if i can find a link now.

Adding link
http://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/1016284-2002-wrx-sti-prodrive-style-only-14k-miles.html

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That is perfect, just what im after.

How comes it hasn't sold yet if its so nice?