ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Re: The life of... SharkyUK's Trophy [& Fred's V6]

June 2014 - Update...

I'll just leave this here for now... :)

20140604-enginepic_zpsbe153936.jpg~original

Thanks to Fred at BTM :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Nice to see it back in one piece, good luck for the mapping :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

What's the spec now? I can see the DTH Jenveys have gone and you now have SF Jenveys. Any internal changes?

Lionel Richie

What's the spec now? I can see the DTH Jenveys have gone and you now have SF Jenveys. Any internal changes?

That was on purpose as the DTH stuff i think is compromised, you can scroll back through and see how crap the air filter for them is, that and the fact the sodding filter rubs the bonnet!

In terms of spec, that's upto Andy if he wants me to post a list, its nothing that fancy, usual stuff!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

In terms of spec, that's upto Andy if he wants me to post a list, its nothing that fancy, usual stuff!
Can do, mate... I haven't got a clue! I know a few things changed along the way... :eek: I'd be interested to know the spec myself! LOL! ;)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

That was on purpose as the DTH stuff i think is compromised, you can scroll back through and see how crap the air filter for them is, that and the fact the sodding filter rubs the bonnet!

I agree. Hence I changed the angle of the trumpets which seems to work well and whether they changed the filter manufacturer or not but my filter is holding up ok.

Interested to see the spec.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I agree. Hence I changed the angle of the trumpets which seems to work well and whether they changed the filter manufacturer or not but my filter is holding up ok.

Interested to see the spec.

The "filter" (which didnt) help up fine on the old one, just the engine wore a lot faster cause of all the grit it let through!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Looking good!

trophy #417

Looks good will be interesting to hear your first review when it's mapped

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

Glad to see its nearly there. Hopefully see this in the flesh soon Andy

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good.

Lovely mate..

Saw on BookFace. Looks niiiiiiceee

Looking good.

Looking good!

Thank you :) Not that I can claim any credit for it of course... :eek:

Needs a new oil cap. :D

Well, what can I say? The budget ran out mate! :p

Nice to see it back in one piece, good luck for the mapping :)

Thanks Chip - fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Ooohhh. Much excitement. Looks lovely, but needs white engine parts ;)

You can keep your white theme, Oli. As good as it looks, I'm sticking to the Capsicum Pink with bits of black and red. And shiny bits. :)

Either myself or Fred will detail the spec soon mate. I'm not 100% sure on the final spec as it's had a fair bit done to it (headwork, block, gearbox, etc, etc). The important bits are Quaife LSD, Jenvey ITB's, forged Arrow conrods, forged pistons (oversized), Supertec valves, Schrick cams and everything else that goes with them! The crank is from the old engine, but that's about it I think. High compression build.

Looks good will be interesting to hear your first review when it's mapped

Absolutely mate. I'm looking forward to enjoying it once everything has come together (and assuming no major issues during mapping).

Glad to see its nearly there. Hopefully see this in the flesh soon Andy

Cheers buddy. I'll give you a shout when it's back and we can go for a spin. There are quite a few local CS'ers who want a look as well... :eek:

Brilliant news, best of luck with the mapping!

Thanks Paul. I'm getting a bit nervous now but at least I know it'll be in good hands up at RS Tuning.

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

June 2014 - Update (continued)...

So yeah - today was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster! :eek: I finally had to end the dream that was ragging the s**t out of Fred's V6. I gave it a quick clean before leaving the house...

20140605_byev6-01.jpg

20140605_byev6-02.jpg

...and made my way towards BTM Towers. I won't lie, it was actually quite gutting to hand the keys back. How he managed to prise them from my fingers I don't know. (How I managed to park the Vee in the small-ish gap first time I'll never know, either...) Anyways, my life has been enriched by a year (as good as) driving this wonderful machine everyday. I am determined to enjoy one again in the future. In the meantime I will have to turn my attention to the Trophy (damn shame) :p and the small matter of finding somewhere else to live!

So yes, I arrived at BTM and was greeted by the pink b*tch - affectionately referred to as CBR by those fortunate enough to work on it (Le Clio Bastard Rouge). It was good to see it again as I hadn't laid eyes on it since January 2013! It was exactly how I remembered it; pink and with Aerocatches. :p

With the V6 keys safely in his pocket, Fred invited me to take a look at the Trophy and opened up the bonnet. Yes, it looks absolutely fantastic under there. I might be biased, I admit that, but it looked the nuts. Purposeful and with shiny bits. With key in ignition he turned over the engine and it kicked into life; no dramas whatsoever. In fact, it was running really nicely considering it hasn't yet been mapped. With a few miles already on the new engine (courtesy of a few laps around the block) Fred what pleasantly surprised at how well it appeared to be running (having expected it to run like a dog). It also sounded fantastic. With a brief injection of a few extra revs the ITB's barked into life and sounded so much nicer than my previous setup. A hell of a lot nicer! :evil: Naturally I jumped at the opportunity to take it for a spin around the industrial estate (steadily). Even at steady speeds it felt great (ignoring the fact that the Sachs need a few turns one way or another to restore the balance) and I instantly remembered why I love this car and have persevered with it. It felt nimble, light and ultra-responsive on the throttle pedal (even at low speeds) but I guess it would after driving the Vee for a year solid! I'm quite excited (more than excited) as I think it will be a very nicely sorted Clio once the mapping has been done. Here's hoping the mapping is trouble-free and no major dramas are encountered along the way.

Here are a few pics. I'll get some more with my proper camera once it's home. Sadly I was a knobhead and didn't video the engine running. Oops :eek:

20140605_jenveys01.jpg

The reworked wiring loom just looks so much tidier and that fuel rail is tidy, too.

20140605_jenveys02.jpg

20140605_jenveys03.jpg

20140605_jenveys04.jpg

20140605_jenveys05.jpg

The plan now is to run it in a little more and then to get it to Paul at RS Tuning asap. He will then run it in and map it for me. From there it will then need to be MOT'd by a friendly test station ;) Especially considering the fact that it would appear I have the world's smallest sport cat ever... No wonder passing emissions testing in the past has been difficult.

The final point to address will be the radiator as the polo rad that is in there is.. not the best. But this was known and it was decided to go with the polo rad as a temporary measure. Thankfully I don't have too much trouble in terms of standing traffic and jams to cause overheating over here in Wales, but - even so - on a hot day (like today in fact) it does creep up the temperature scale when standing. The upshot of this being that the fans are pretty much on constantly. Hopefully, after a bookface chat earlier, there may well be a good solution to this in terms of getting a custom radiator fabricated and fitted.

Happy days! Fingers crossed for the forthcoming mapping. And I guess I'd better hit a few banks as I need to pay for it soon I would imagine. S**t.

clio 182 trophy

Looks superb Andy! All the best for the mapping! Hopefully you may be up for a little blast later on in the summer!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1

Fantastic update Andy really pleased for you.

Hope you finally get to enjoy it after all the ups and downs mate

M2 Comp

Great update Andy, nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel i bet!

Looking forward to more updates.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Epic. Looks absolutely lovely bud, and I'm genuinely happy for you :)
Thank you kind sir. I'm genuinely excited after pootling it around today. :eek:

Fred had kept the head from my old engine to show me the damage. Not a pretty sight as it was pitted, scratched and heavily scarred. This was also after the fact that it had been skimmed and fixed by TDF at an earlier date. It's now scrap basically, just like the block was/is!

Awesome stuff!
Thanks fella :)

Looks superb Andy! All the best for the mapping! Hopefully you may be up for a little blast later on in the summer!
Yes, for sure mate. I don't plan on spending much time indoors with so many great roads to enjoy around here. :) Count me in.

Fantastic update Andy really pleased for you.

Hope you finally get to enjoy it after all the ups and downs mate
Me too, Paul! I'm not going to count my chickens (given past experiences with this car) but here's hoping. :)

Cracking update!!

:approve:
Haha! Cheers mate. It's been a while coming but hopefully future updates won't be so far apart!

Great update Andy, nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel i bet!

Looking forward to more updates.
Thanks Tommo. There'll definitely be more updates coming. As well as the Jenveys and Schricks I have to be honest and say that I'm really looking forward to seeing what the LSD brings to the car. Talking of transmission and gearbox, Fred's done a cracking job on that too and it's as slick as a very slick thing indeed. :)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member

Great to see it all complete, been a long time but looks more than worth it. Very tidy and brilliant spec :) Enjoy Andy.

Looks f**kING awesome mate :) glad it's all done and finally at home with you.

Now for mapping. Hope if pulls some very good figures for you.

Proper Car.

@Kelv

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Guessing you can't get out on track at fcs if it's not mapped yet?
so close!