ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The mrs's clio, AGAIN!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Wonder of anybody can diagnose some symptoms.

It's a Clio 1.2 16v 2002 extreme

She's just took her clio down the road to go and sort it for a part exchange on a fiat 500, and the stupid thing has gone wrong on her, typical! Lol

It idles very roughly and eventually cuts out.

I managed to drive it home just, but there is no power and the revs won't go any higher than 2k, feels very rough and crappy

Engine light came on, along with a light with a curly line and a heart rate monitor looking thing (I assume that's ecu)

Currently on the phone to AA to get somebody out but was just wondering what you guys think?

Many thanks for any help

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Sounds like it could be a coil, if it is it's a prety easy fix - not sure on the price of coils these days but they cant be that much!

Polo BlueGT
Sounds like what happened hen my coilpack went. You can get them from Rentech for around £30 delivered iirc.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
The ecu plug was pretty much swimming in water, which was throwing up all sorts. O2 sensor, throttle position sensor etc

Dried the plug out and it seems ok now

Coilpack is fine

She's now doing a deal with her brother who works at mini lol so I think she will be getting a new car ha

Thanks for all the help people, much appreciated