ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The mrs's clio againnnnnnn

Clio 182, Astra Sri
She had the AA out just for like the fifth time. He told her to replace the O2 sensor. It was running rough and she said she struggled to keep the car running.

Is the O2 sensor something can be flagged up on a computer but normally the cause of the problem? I've done some research quickly and lots of people have diagnosed the O2 sensor but it hasn't made a difference tithe cars health

It's a clio 1.2 extreme

Thanks for any advice

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Haha thanks.

She said the AA guy had checked the plugs and leads etc.

Had a look myself and they seem fine, look brand new still, colour of the plugs are ok too. I had a listen to the engine and gave it some revs, definitely poorly car :( very lumpy and erratic

Rs200
tdc sensor something along them lines :S not going to know unless you plug it in to diagnostics mate, the joys of a ph2

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've changed the post cat lambda. It now idles at 1400revs and when you press the throttle it doesn't go past 2000.

Ecu an engine management light still on. Any ideas?

Should I swap the new sensor with the precat sensor?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Tried all variants of ways to put the lambda, swapped them all roud and so forth.

Ecu light comes on and engine stop light flashes, car won't start now. How do I reset the ecu??

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Got a snapon solus faut reader on it earlier, cleare the faults but it still came back with the same ones everytime we tried turning the key.

Turns out its by the lambda at all! Good old AA

It says

Clio faults

531 (pedal circuit)
213 (throttle angle sensor)
780 (flywheel signal sensor circuit)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The first thing setting alarm bells off in my head is its a 1.2 Clio... They are plagued with electrical gremlins so take any/all advice with a pinch of salt and replace nothing without evidence it's actually faulty! (thinking of your wallet)

Firstly the throttle pedal and TPS fault.

Check for wiring damage at the rear of the engine bay where the metal security tab covers the main plug to the ECU. Any damage, repair it. They do suffer with electronic TB faults but again, prove its the part before replacing as they're not cheap.

Secondly, flywheel signal is most likely down to an old CPS that needs changing or needing an updated sensor fitting with a new loom section. Check the thermostat housing hasn't been leaking on to it and if so, clean the connections then see if it cures the fault code.

Mick

Clio 182, Astra Sri
turned out to be the electrics that plug into the back of the engine (main ecu harness?) were completely corroded, which would explain why so many faults were flying up

all sorted now, for now haha

thanks for the help

Check the tamper proof ECU cover at the back of the engine, very common for rubbing through the wiring loom. EDIT too late