ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Porsche Boxster...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's the best looking boxster yet. I think they really got that side shape spot on especially with how ugly it looked compared with the 911 over the years.

This Mk has it spot on.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25008

NewBoxster_01.jpg

NewBoxster_02-L.jpg

NewBoxster_03-L.jpg

2012-Porsche-Boxster.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sides look a bit like an MR2 in the picture.

Or a carrera GT?

The Mk3 Mr2 was like a mini boxster imo and a lot of the motoring press. I almost bought one. Needed extra seats after that sadly.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Hmmm....I like it. Interior is much better, exterior is not a huge difference but a step in the right direction.

RS6 C7
Shame they didn't put the 911 engine in a cayman, It would be such an epic car, I do like 911's and would rather own one than a boxter but the boxters do drive very well.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome looking thing. I have no shame in admitting that I <3 Boxters.

...and off to PH I go!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't driven a cayman so can't really comment.

It's on another level of interaction and ease of driving. I don't explore cars capabilities, I know how easy things can go wrong but my God that car feels connected all over. I' have one in a heartbeat over any modern Carrera 2/4.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's on another level of interaction and ease of driving. I don't explore cars capabilities, I know how easy things can go wrong but my God that car feels connected all over. I' have one in a heartbeat over any modern Carrera 2/4.

Couldn't agree more from the short time I had with one. It felt so balanced, lightning quick steering too.

I want a Cayman R quite badly.

Turbos.
Looks great. The new Porsche interiors are also fantastic, with the right spec of course.

I don't think the old one looks bad, its just that the 997 was such a lovely shape, the Boxster just doesn't look as a good.

My dad has a Boxster S and it is a fantastic drive, and with the PSE it sounds great too. I get on with a lot easier than i do the 911.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
This car looks fantastic, no doubt drives superbly (driven the latest incarnation S and was very impressed), but I just couldn't bring myself to own one.

Call me a snob, but since the Boxster very first emerged, as a very much lesser car than today, I could never live with the image of owning one, and that wont change.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Christ, that's pretty! So much GT in there.

I really like the 991 as well but the wheelbase spoils it for me. This looks brilliant!

Turbos.
You can see how Porsche have used elements from the 918 for a new family look. I guess a bit like the facelift SLK being a bit like the SLS...but much better executed in this case.

100208opt.jpg