ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Saga Continues...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
...no its not a thread dedicated to one of P.Diddy's, Puff Daddys or Puff the magic dragon, its the continuation of this thread past - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=482167 now i don't want this thread closing down, opinions are opinions, everybody is welcome to them..however some over enthuse theres...and some people are just wrong

save the debate for other threads...this is about the pictures...

so years ago i owned SDV (as it was known)
e68043e5.jpg

100_2606.jpg

i loved the car, but sold it for the right price....always wanted another again as i am really a massvie fan of the mark 1's, so much character, they have SOMETHING the mark 2's - 3's don't,

so whilst the 172 is having the final touches done at BTM Performance and Tour-De-Force...you can't rush perfection...lol (for those that don't know)

4285449245_2eee4dd17e_b.png

i got fed up of asking / relying on others for lifts etc, i asked about to borrow cars, and as you would expect hardly anything....then a friend offered me his williams.

The member who offered it to me is an old school member off here, and the car, well for you knew school members / non locals this car was a bit of a legend.
The member runs his own farm so is constantly busy, expectedly the car doesn't get used much and therefore kind of takes a back seat...
i thought as he so kindly has let me borrow it for a while, why not give it a proper good clean..
i took 2 days off work and set about it yesterday, it took 3 hours to get through the interior yesterday, hoovering, brushing, polishing etc etc...

DUF4.jpg

interior done...

So today was set aside for the exterior, was a pain, dodging the rain, sleet and hail...and freezing wind...lol, had it all today it seemed, i started at 10.30 and finished at 5pm..Autoglym SRP, EGP, then Poorboys Nattys blue....i am quite happy with the outcome...

DUF1.jpg

DUF3.jpg

DUF2.jpg

i must say a massive thankyou to that member, i hope he is happy with the outcome too. I will also take this opportunity to say that i think this will be for sale when i have finished using it, i am sure the member will be along to confirm this and see the pics

enjoy, comments welcome.

Black Clio GT
ph1 and the williams are both stunning. i "will" own another hybrid/williams/16v one day. once you have owned one its hard to foorget and move on.....epic cars.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Ah Mate,quality work.
Really pleased with that and happy to help your cause. DuF does deserve time like that spent on it, real enthusiast work. You this time and Tom last time have deffo done your shifts on the preservation front! Wierd to think we all met over these cars many moons ago lol (emotional now ffs).

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Ah Mate,quality work.
Really pleased with that and happy to help your cause. DuF does deserve time like that spent on it, real enthusiast work. You this time and Tom last time have deffo done your shifts on the preservation front! Wierd to think we all met over these cars many moons ago lol (emotional now ffs).

i have never heard you so emotional........lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've touched the Duff...And you for that matter...
I know i slate the williams, but it is Fcuking cool! V6 cool imo!!!

You're looks nice in the above pic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

i am really a massvie fan of the mark 1's, so much character, they have SOMETHING the mark 2's - 3's don't

That's very true. I remember reading an article in TG magazine on the train down to Plymouth years ago and thinking 'those cars look special'.

They definitely have a road presence that the laters cars don't quite manage, imo.

D.