ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Normally the thermostat, but the sensor can go wrong too.

Piece of cake to change the thermostat, its only 3 * 10mm bolts holding it on and a couple of pipe, just remember to bleed the water system afterwards (10mm bleed screw on the thermostat housing)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Next date is the 9th of November ;)

Nice one for clarifying, hopefully shifty wont forget this time, lol

We should probably put together a list of everyone in this thread who has expressed an interest so we can PM a week before or something?

Did our new area rep turn up by the way? I kind of lost track of who everyone was.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I know. But I don't need to as i won't forget the meet anyway :)

think we will be in OCD for the next one, but hoping to be in the mk1 for the December one with a temporary engine (cammed Williams engine on custom inlet)

PB Clio 172
Yeah I agree someone last time paste the list of who was going yet people didnt even put their name on it

shame the area rep didnt turn up but hey its the south west so whats new. IMO chip should be the area rep hands down but who am I to say!! Chip has set the south west alive IMO in terms of CS down this area !

Look forward to the next one still cant get over that turbo clio it was something else :D

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
shame the area rep didnt turn up but hey its the south west so whats new. IMO chip should be the area rep hands down but who am I to say!! Chip has set the south west alive IMO in terms of CS down this area !

1. It was out of his control, his car wasn't driveable.
2. He's only just started (and has already organised a Truro meet)
3. Chip's already said he doesn't have the time.

Cut the guy some slack, jeez ;)

Yeah I agree someone last time paste the list of who was going yet people didnt even put their name on it

Look forward to the next one still cant get over that turbo clio it was something else :D

when i was rep i turned up to every meet i sorted out except one due to being in afghan, still managed to get a 2 page write up in PFC though

too much bitching about it, sort a meet yourself it aint hard

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol. not sure that was aimed at you marinemackay (i didnt read it that way anyway). Anyway, how comes you stopped being the area rep? I thought you were moving away? Did things fall through or is the big move still coming up?

i just dont have the time tbh

im on a 3 month course now in exeter, untill late december, then in feb on course till jan 2014 just outside portsmouth

so not really going to be about much, but pop in and out when i can

realistically we need more reps for D/C as its a massive area, and very hard to get local to everyone

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's good to see everyone once a month and catch up with things. I'll be going to the Truro meets too, probably.

Breakfast run would be good but it requires me to get up early ;) St. Eval..... Need I say more.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
yeah all is working for exeter meets, but im sure they will eventually become quite mundane

need some more drive focused meets, a nice breakfast run through exmoor, go karting, ect ect

To a certain extent I can agree with you, but then anything else starts to require more commitment and planning, then it all goes to waste if no-one attends (as previous experiences have dictated).

Maybe trying to do a run, similar to that of the Brecon/Black mountains that happen in Wales, where for one Saturday or something a decent run is planned, with some good roads that people would be up for coming to. But then this sort of thing would be a rare occasion.
To get more attention to people when the meets are, starting a new topic for each one, it will clog up the SW forum with the same message, but then there is more chance of seeing it. Or having it as a stick/announce and then just updating it every month.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I think it's good to see everyone once a month and catch up with things. I'll be going to the Truro meets too, probably.

Breakfast run would be good but it requires me to get up early ;) St. Eval..... Need I say more.

these sorta meets are the ones i enjoy setting up most, im not a massive fan of the car park meets (obviously in the winter they are the best in the situation) but this is what i have done in the past as a north west rep :) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?654462-North-Wales-Run-sunday-the-19th-of-august

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613490-wales-run-26-11-11

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?656809-North-Wales-Meet-Drive-Photo-s

these are sorta things i will be looking to sort for when the weather gets better at the start of next spring :)

CLIO 182 CUP
Yeah I was sticking behind you guys until I saw a sign for exeter, so I thought 'ah ok, theres the way home' lol. To be fair it took me on a b road which was quite fun!

Yea I didnt think they did a white 172, but he said it was like that from the factory :S Hopefully he will sign up as it sounds interesting!

Hi i used to own it. I bought it from weston from a garage. The bloke said the person who had it before asked for it to be painted from the renault show room its a quick one to 190 bhp i think

PB Clio 172
when i was rep i turned up to every meet i sorted out except one due to being in afghan, still managed to get a 2 page write up in PFC though

too much b**ching about it, sort a meet yourself it aint hard

thats what I am saying, you turn up to every meet :approve:

South West is miles apart I was not having a go at any human person ! lol

Yeah I know. But I don't need to as i won't forget the meet anyway :)

think we will be in OCD for the next one, but hoping to be in the mk1 for the December one with a temporary engine (cammed Williams engine on custom inlet)

As me and Emma were driving away from yours, it can only be descibed as shot gun fire-like bangs coming from Chips garage, telling us that the mk1 lives lol

Can we do one thats on a saturday? just so I can attend lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thankfully the shotgun blasts are now an idle, although the map is still a LONG way from right, but at least I got to do a few miles in it and start on a basemap before the MOT ran out on sunday.

Clutch cable snapped though and cut my day short in that respect.

Need to sort an MOT now as a next step.

Saturday is fine for me, but thats obviously the night all the party animals will be in town, and people who travel away for weekends like Mackay etc are less likely to be there.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Weather forecast isnt looking amazing for the 9th November for the next meet, so probably worth just staying in the pub not going down to exmouth unless that changes.

We'll still be there though, obviously its better in the summer but still good to catch up with you all for a natter etc :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We could head to a multistorey for shelter and pics I guess, but must admit personally I would sooner stay in the pub, lol

But we will go with whatever the majority want on the night rather than tie it down in advance now.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Dont think I will be able to make it to this one due to lack of funds and time this month :( I think the saying is over-worked, under-paid! Not a problem I thought I wold be up against being my own boss!! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am self employed in some of the jobs I do currently, Ive always said the biggest problem with that is my boss is a C**T

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol. whats your line of work chip? I know you used to do a bit of programming iirc? mines www.bri-tec.co.uk - currently re-writing a manufacturing ERP system (Delphi > C#) for a company which has already comited to sales of the new program. A massive task for 1 person to say the least! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like in the long run you will be quids in then mate :)

My current roles:
Programming for Toyota
Remaps on a self employed basis
Journalism on a self employed basis

Got FAR more work than hours in the week though sadly!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I hardly do any these days, it used to be a really big chunk of my income (like 20% or so) but this year its been hardly anything, partly due to a lack of time on my part and partly due to the mags I write for cutting down on expensive freelancers to save money.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Would be rude and pointless not to turn up to this, as I have to drive past it on my way up to Swansea, also makes the 4 hours of college this week a little less pointless!