ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

182 Cup
Nice little drive back, even in the wet! Hit the motorway and I couldn't see a thing out my windscreen!! Really ought to clean the car!

182 Cup
Lol, I had traction problems at times but that was following chip down country lanes, was good fun and still managed some half decent speeds at times! Met a copper going the other way at one point n thought he'd follow as it was 3 clios rallying in the lanes!

182 Cup
Yeah we ended up getting on the m5 at cullompton though which would've been further in the wrong direction.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well that was a good way of spending a wet evening!

I almost expected the coppers to get out and ask us what we were doing around there at that time. Or to look in the review for the blue lights. (If he could ever catch up)

And Lesley's car will be all dirty again after that!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Apologies if the pace seemed a little low in places, visibility was quite poor for me in a lot of places but for you guys following cause you had a set of rear lights to follow it wouldn't have been so probably seems like I was being too conservative speed wise.

Still good fun though. :)

182 Cup
Yeah understandable really, I just drive from what your doin and use your headlights, if I was leading I'd have probably gone a lot slower!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
It rained all the way so some of the standing water was pretty bad, had a few twitch moments. Thankfully not much traffic so there was not much spray. Hit the mountain road just the other side of Carmarthen and couldn't she s**t. Complete blanket of fog so when you put main beam on it just glared right back at you.

That pace was quick enough or me chip!

PB Clio 172
I am 90% in for the next meet. See what happens with work and if it pisses it down I wont come. Never fun driving up the A38 on standing water. I nearly lost it the other week was horrible :headno:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love how you always think I'm being serious ;)

to be honest, it was f**king sketchy, I was literally following Ranger's tail lights. Couldn't see anything else.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yeh was pretty wet last time, kept you awake :) and the wipers at points were next to useless
Twisties just outside Exeter were interesting to say the least
Just go a little slower and its fine :p

On the thought of the next one - christmas party time springs to mind - is it worth seeing about booking?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not sure if for December we should call the meet off as I suspect when we turn up at the pub it will be full of xmas party people and we wont get a table?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
MAKE IT A SATURDAY PLEASE! As I can then attend :)

This one has been going a while and the friday seems to suit quite a few people who go that night who couldnt go on a saturday so I dont think we can really change it, but im sure that there will be other local meets on a saturday instead.

Maybe we could start a 4th saturday of the month one at Taunton harverster or something like that as its near the motorway and would be good for people who cant make it down as far as exeter (ie bristol people who dont want to drive that far) that way there would be a couple of meets fairly evenly spaced out?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Book a table for 7-8 people. Should be about right.

Or move tables onto the end of the work do and get a free meal!

Can always ring up and ask if they have a large booking that evening, we want to hold our own CSSW xmas do :p

Not a bad idea Chip, opens the area more for others

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Trouble with booking tables is getting firm numbers from people attending, and deposits etc.

Must be honest, ICBA to sort it this late in the day as I know I will get messed around if I try!

PB Clio 172
it was a real shame this didnt go ahead as I want to show off my new wheels

nevermind roll on the new year and the next Exeter meet hopefully