ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The use of the word ''Detailing''.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does anyone else get fcuked right off with people using the phrase 'I detailed my car' only to find when you open the thread that all they've done is wash it and polish it??

Seriously grinds my fcuking gears.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no detailer, but I appreciate the art of detailing. I read every thread in this forum and I can clean a car properly but I don't call myself a detailer because I don't 'detail' a car. ie I don't use tooth picks to clean the dirt from the thread of the tyre valves.

Maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy.

Si

RS Clio 172
Re: The use of the word ''Deatailing''.....

I hate it when people misspell things in the thread title :p

I know what you mean though. Although it is easier to type and read than say "I foamed, rinsed, foamed, washed, rinsed, clayed, polished, sealed, waxed my car today".

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not your best rant Dan but yep it's annoying, almost as bad as 'check out my euro'd clio'.

S4 Avant
I agree.

People seem to use it as the new word for "I've cleaned my car".

Rather than, I've spent all f*cking day out in the sun, getting heatstroke, trying to get all the f*cking scratches out of this b*stard car and cleaning all the bits that no f*cker is going to look at anyway.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: The use of the word ''Deatailing''.....

I hate it when people misspell things in the thread title :p

English C grade GCSE is the only qualification I posess.

And I'm still struggling on what i've spelt wrong! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!!! No idea. I left her to dave. She wants to (I quote) Tear my fcuking arms off....

Stupid cow.

Suzuki Jimny
My favourite 'detailing' thread was when the guy moistened his car with a hose then said he spent all day on it.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
My favourite 'detailing' thread was when the guy moistened his car with a hose then said he spent all day on it.

Lol. Wasn't it about post #3 before someone pointed out he hadn't cleaned the rear window?

Not a 320d
I dont let such petty things bother me, but yes, it does cross my mind briefly when I open a thread on DW and some guys basically SRP'd a car and put some cheapo tyre gel on, and called it a detail, and even set up his own business....

DSC00901.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

What about that Gav guy aswell! He was a hologram installer by trade iirc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Payment in Blowies?

Do you not live close to anyone on here mate that would do it for beers and lolz?

Megane 225 F1
Payment in Blowies?

Do you not live close to anyone on here mate that would do it for beers and lolz?

There probably is. Just need ask around. Didn't bother in the winter. My lips always split which makes for bad blow jobs.

Suzuki Jimny
That picture is amazing.

Right, i'm off to detail my car with a broom and some fairy liquid.

The picture is something to do with Toby being jealous of that guy making it in the detailing world :rasp:

Fiesta ST-2
FLOL! That is the most vertical face ive ever seen*, I'd hire him to clean someone else's car whilst I enjoyed laughing at his face.

*edit - apart from beaker from sesame streets/muppets?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I detailed my kitchen earlier... I wiped the surfaces down with a microfibre cloth.

Bumder With A Buffer
Read my post above...am I the only one who started singing "I'm too sexy for my shirt" in my head???

My trail of thought went "....read said thread..." oh that almost sounds like the band "right said Fred" cue camp song going around in my head.

Especially as willdot was on about sucking men off.

Z4
I detailed my arse after a healthy session on the crapper, some would say wiped, but 'detailed' makes me sound much more middle class.

Flame Red Delight
Haha In my eyes a detail is the full works, machine polish etc, that is where the big money is charged. What most people do is give there car a quick wash and polish, and add something that a detailer hates, "swirls".

Gally wants me to clean his tailpipe for him, jealous ? ;)